Fully Scaled RIP

Sad loss, she is a stunner, at least she put a smile on some lucky anglers faces when they bagged her.

must say you don't look to happy about netting her though :laugh:

is there any others to take over the waters target fish?

Sad loss, she is a stunner, at least she put a smile on some lucky anglers faces when they bagged her.

must say you don't look to happy about netting her though :laugh:

is there any others to take over the waters target fish?

There were 6 x 30s and 2 x cats over 60lb

that is the second 30 to die in 2 weeks

here is the other

post-2297-1217942043.jpg

both about the same age

If two big carp have died i would be most suspicious......

#1 There hasnt been lots of hot weather, so the water will have plenty of oxygen,

#2 its a good while since spawning so this cannot be a cause.

Personally i wouldnt be surprised if some character has introduced a carp or two and also a virus with them.......Wouldnt be the first time and wont be the last......Sorry to hear of them big girls dying.......30 years isnt "that" old for a carp, i would be looking at other causes than "old age"...JD

If two big carp have died i would be most suspicious......

#1 There hasnt been lots of hot weather, so the water will have plenty of oxygen,

#2 its a good while since spawning so this cannot be a cause.

Personally i wouldnt be surprised if some character has introduced a carp or two and also a virus with them.......Wouldnt be the first time and wont be the last......Sorry to hear of them big girls dying.......30 years isnt "that" old for a carp, i would be looking at other causes than "old age"...JD

All the tests have been carried out and all were ok

so its still a mystery as to why this has happened

Johnny, can you PM me the area that your lake is in please as I baliff an Essex carp water, and just want to make sure we dont have to set up any controls on the lake.

Just to be on the safe side.

Cheers,

Johnny, can you PM me the area that your lake is in please as I baliff an Essex carp water, and just want to make sure we dont have to set up any controls on the lake.

Just to be on the safe side.

Cheers,

WILF

I am one of the baliffs and there is nothing to worry about as per test results.

the fish may have died a few weeks ago when we had bad thunder storms , the fish had been dead for some time before they were found

2 fish dieing is nothing imho , You start getting large numbers turning up thats a different kettle of fish . The ea take a large number of live fish to test iirc 30 . So that is not a route you want to go down .

When did the fish spawn ? thats the mostly likely cause imho .

And macken Mary truely was the Queen of english Carp , There will never be another fish of that statue ever .

Don't think i'm having a dig here but how often would fish of that size be caught and due to this fact could stress have come into it as being fought and landed time and time again will take its toll in the end.