My Neighbours have gone away & theres an outside halogen light been running for 2 days & nights now & at night its shining in my lads room & he cant sleep , they have no animals so its unlikely that anyone will call at the house in the week to feed anything

Do i push a note through the door on the off chance someone does pop in

Do i let my husband get in the garden & take the bulb out

I am not keen on the latter but he is chomping at the bit

My Neighbours have gone away & theres an outside halogen light been running for 2 days & nights now & at night its shining in my lads room & he cant sleep , they have no animals so its unlikely that anyone will call at the house in the week to feed anything

he'd have no fingers left if he tried to take it out,

if there not in use it for target practice :hunter:

The bulbs to such lights are very tempramently and don't like having sweaty fingers on them ...

so take out the bulb out,let it cool and handle it with sweaty palms the grease from your hands creates ''hot spots'' on the halogen bulb and makes it fuze....it will get hot and fuze out...failing that...just hose pipe it,shoot or smash it....

hope this helps ...Millie :whistling:

he'd have no fingers left if he tried to take it out,

if there not in use it for target practice :hunter:

i pointed out that speedy about the bulb being hot , its a real pain though totally lighting up the back of the house , i suppose theres a chance the bulb will burn its self out

The bulbs to such lights are very tempramently and don't like having sweaty fingers on them ...

so take out the bulb out,let it cool and handle it with sweaty palms the grease from your hands creates ''hot spots'' on the halogen bulb and makes it fuze....it will get hot and fuze out...failing that...just hose pipe it,shoot or smash it....

hope this helps ...Millie :whistling:

Neighbour relations between us are strained at the best off times , i want to avoid any trouble on there return :laugh:

you could always give it a helping hand with a water spray bottle, just a light mist should be enough to blow it without burning the house down and make it look like its blown itself, mind your eyes though!!

the other thing to think of if you just take it out is hows it gonna look if they get burgled the day after you've taken there "security light" out

i get one that shines right in my room everytime a cat or something comes in there garden, really is annoying, just cant get the right angle from the skylights to shoot the fucka though :thumbdown:

To be honest it wouldnt supprise me if the clown hadnt done it deliberatly , he is that sort :laugh: no bother in the day just after dark & they are a pain when there on all the time as this one is :censored:

Must be a weird life for your husband ............. :icon_eek:

He's standing there, "chomping at the bit", to go and sort that annoying light out, and you say "hang on 2 ticks old lad, I'm just going to ask 2 thousand strangers their views on what we should do, and whatever they say then I'll decide what course of action you're allowed to take" ............. "and you'll jolly well do as you're told"

Guess he's the quiet sort then?

:gunsmilie:

hi Kay

on the back of the light should be two knobs time you want the light to stay on and a knob for dusk and daylight .just turn the knob to minimum time and turn to daylight and then it shouldn't come on at night i tinks?.if not pop the knob a note

regards

Davy

Must be a weird life for your husband ............. :icon_eek:

He's standing there, "chomping at the bit", to go and sort that annoying light out, and you say "hang on 2 ticks old lad, I'm just going to ask 2 thousand strangers their views on what we should do, and whatever they say then I'll decide what course of action you're allowed to take" ............. "and you'll jolly well do as you're told"

Guess he's the quiet sort then?

:gunsmilie:

No he is like a bull in a china shop , max damage i dont want , he dont have to deal with the crap his ations bring i do :laugh: