Ferret

Hey guys I've been looking at getting some ferrets to go ferreting, but ive run into a bit of a problem.

The parents wont let me get them because they say that ferrets stink.

Now I've read in a number of places that they do have a ferrety smell, but that its barely noticable.

Whats the HONEST truth do they really stink or is it fine? And anyways to reduce the odour?

any help would be much appreciated

if they are kept clean they wont stink ,but full hobs at this time of year have a musky smell some more than others but if you get them castrated or spayed it almost takes it away completely .but as they are living animals they will always have a slight smell

Totally agree if there kept clean & there beddings changed regular they smell no worse imo, i kept an entire hob in the house for a while as i was pushed for space & i didnt notice any terrible smell

It only the males thaat smell when there in season (when there teste's drop) and if you clean them out reguarly they wont smell

jills in season smell too

Id suggest you try a different approach, because yes ferrets smell, you can treat them as pets and pamper them to your hearts content, wash them bathe them, spray them, they will still have an odour, some grow to accept it, others will always decline

maybe get your parents to visit someone with you that keeps ferrets, Ive had people standing at my ferret end of the garden, 30 plus ferrets, remark how they expected a PONG" BUT IT IS'NT

or get up each morning, take a big sniff of each of them, and comment that they stink too