FAMOUS DOGS

Guest fight the ban

why the clap, general was one of the first 7, along with the late gary allets dazzle and rws buck

he then used the first 3/4 breds, bruno out of buck and bullet from daz

WHEN WAS THIS JOHNY , WHAT YEAR?????

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bash and rock both sons of billy
son of billy
Has anyone got a pic of Reeces Billy by any chance please?

Or any dogs bred that way would be good.

Thanks.

:wankerzo4:

Bull Head, it doesn't matter to me that you're a wanker, I'd still like to see photos .................

Guest archiet

Mark believe what the Minshaw strain of lurcher was capable of on the lamp especially the dogs of 20 years ago, everyone or anyone seriously into their lamping from the northern towns, villages knew of them ,ASD is a good genuine lad and he aint gona bullshit anyone, he has lived and breathed those dogs for the best part of his natural and like most of us wish we had but never did he kept a pictorial of his adventures. Like i say probably the best lamping strain of lurcher there has ever been although there will of been many good lamping dogs of different blood. imo there should definatly be a book wrote on them and not just some paperback but an extensive hardback.

you are quite right.......i would be certainly up for doing a book on them, but unfortunately i know nothing what-so-ever about the bloodline except a minimal amount......so i would need the input of stories and sucklike from others......if it is to be done it needs doing properly, with a quality book that will go hand in hand with quality tales.....

Good hunting lads...JD

Well JD is there any truth in what i've heard on the grapevine (well off someone who frequents another forum) about a hardback on the above mentioned subject becoming a reality? Should be interesting to say the least if it gets the go-ahead :whistling:

I hope it is true , if it is id say the only go ahead he'd need is from ASD as it would be his nightime exploits been told and pics from his album, would be nice if Vic could be found to share his side of the story to how the strain was created but if not as iv stated ASD's pics and hunting exploits with his MINSHAW dogs will be top draw.
Yes i would second that, i had first hand experience of of this type many moons ago(19yrs). Top draw lamp dogs and worthy of a place in lurcher folklore. The dog i run today has a smidgin of minshaw blood running through his viens. One of the best all round lurchers i had the pleasure of working was a son of "Blue" and he really was a tool. cheers sp.ps the son of Blue was owned by a close pal.

Now then lads seems to be alot of bickering going on here. Im new to the site so forgive any greeness or covering old ground but any one got any good Cruise of Shildon crack? My dogs out of it as are many others in the area and many more claimed to be and some fine tools among them. Their is a vid in circulation featuring him but its where abouts is un known by the owner. [NO TEXT TALK] any ideas or info? Pics or breeding or litter mates who did well?

If its not to much trouble to let the new boy spoil a argumement that is :victory:

My dog is C.J to a whippet grey brains strenth stam.

Never saw cruise in the flesh but cj is stricking and know he did the job nearly as good as his dad. pure saluki incase [NO TEXT TALK] not sure.

Wellard the new kid! no bullshit i say what do and do what i say. niuce to type to you boys is this site worth my time or whaaaat?

Now then lads seems to be alot of bickering going on here. Im new to the site so forgive any greeness or covering old ground but any one got any good Cruise of Shildon crack? My dogs out of it as are many others in the area and many more claimed to be and some fine tools among them. Their is a vid in circulation featuring him but its where abouts is un known by the owner. [NO TEXT TALK] any ideas or info? Pics or breeding or litter mates who did well?

If its not to much trouble to let the new boy spoil a argumement that is :victory:

My dog is C.J to a whippet grey brains strenth stam.

Never saw cruise in the flesh but cj is stricking and know he did the job nearly as good as his dad. pure saluki incase [NO TEXT TALK] not sure.

Wellard the new kid! no bullshit i say what do and do what i say. niuce to type to you boys is this site worth my time or whaaaat?

YE DON'T MIX YE WORDS MATE,SEEN CRUISE RUN IN THE FLESH MANY TIMES,SEEN HIM TAKE HARE ON LITTLE GRASS PADDOCKS TO THE BIGGER LAND FURTHER DOWN SOUTH,OUTSTANDING PURE,THAT VIDEO YE TALKING ABOUT WAS VIDEOD BY ME IN '90/91'AND IV'E MISS LAID MINE ASWELL,IF YE GET HOLD OF IT GIVE ME A SHOUT,IS IT WORTH MY TIME REPLYING TO YOU OR WHAAAAAT?

Guest archiet
Yes, there could well be an element of truth. I shall keep everyone informed as to what emerges.

Be fantastic to read about these dogs as they were not sure if they still are highly regarded lamping dogs up here in Cumbria more so a little further North than i back in the 1980's & 90's.Quite often through the summer months at gamefairs and lurcher shows i attend i still here a few mention the word "Minshaw" in the breeding of their dogs so there must still be one or two hanging around somewhere?.The best of luck JD with the "book" if it goes ahead,i'm sure it would be a roaring success as have your others :notworthy: .

Edited by archiet