Guest fight the ban

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest markbrick1

when andy 1 st started about his adventures i was one to question him,to this day i beleave there was a bit :whistling: of exageration in there and walter mity,But it is by far one of the most interesting topics which have been on a hunting site in this country,all backed up with pictures,i remember at the time of andy and all his pictures we took some deer down to celtic game and fisheries down at penzance and they opened a room which was full of hung freshly killed deer,it came to me :whistling::whistling: get a pic with my dogs and post it :laugh::laugh: i didnt but i thought it,not saying anyone did are exagerated the numbers game iam sure we all are guilty of that one time are another :whistling::whistling: but asd has written the best topics i have ever read and good on the man hes a legend,mark

when andy 1 st started about his adventures i was one to question him,to this day i beleave there was a bit :whistling: of exageration in there and walter mity,But it is by far one of the most interesting topics which have been on a hunting site in this country,all backed up with pictures,i remember at the time of andy and all his pictures we took some deer down to celtic game and fisheries down at penzance and they opened a room which was full of hung freshly killed deer,it came to me :whistling::whistling: get a pic with my dogs and post it :laugh::laugh: i didnt but i thought it,not saying anyone did are exagerated the numbers game iam sure we all are guilty of that one time are another :whistling::whistling: but asd has written the best topics i have ever read and good on the man hes a legend,mark

mark brick you have just admitted the type of man you are --GUILTY OF CATCH EXAGGERATION :boogie::boogie::boogie::boogie::boogie::boogie:

You want to know what sort of book should be written at this present time?Remember Plummers "Hunters All"?Something similar written nowadays would be very saleable,a few well known lampers,terriermen,coursers,poachers,falconers,whatever really,but I think theres a market for such a hardback :yes: Mark even deserves a chapter :D

Guest markbrick1

Mark believe what the Minshaw strain of lurcher was capable of on the lamp especially the dogs of 20 years ago, everyone or anyone seriously into their lamping from the northern towns, villages knew of them ,ASD is a good genuine lad and he aint gona bullshit anyone, he has lived and breathed those dogs for the best part of his natural and like most of us wish we had but never did he kept a pictorial of his adventures. Like i say probably the best lamping strain of lurcher there has ever been although there will of been many good lamping dogs of different blood. imo there should definatly be a book wrote on them and not just some paperback but an extensive hardback.

max iam from a northern town and like your self had lurchers in the 60s 70s and 80s etc,i dont want to put andy down he is a top entertainer and bloke but my experiance tells me not to beleave everything i read :whistling::whistling: minshaw lurchers are my type of dog as you proberly know good all rounders,iam not having a dig at asd but rather praising him for once,mark

Mark believe what the Minshaw strain of lurcher was capable of on the lamp especially the dogs of 20 years ago, everyone or anyone seriously into their lamping from the northern towns, villages knew of them ,ASD is a good genuine lad and he aint gona bullshit anyone, he has lived and breathed those dogs for the best part of his natural and like most of us wish we had but never did he kept a pictorial of his adventures. Like i say probably the best lamping strain of lurcher there has ever been although there will of been many good lamping dogs of different blood. imo there should definatly be a book wrote on them and not just some paperback but an extensive hardback.

you are quite right.......i would be certainly up for doing a book on them, but unfortunately i know nothing what-so-ever about the bloodline except a minimal amount......so i would need the input of stories and sucklike from others......if it is to be done it needs doing properly, with a quality book that will go hand in hand with quality tales.....

and yes.....a "hunters all" type thingy would be excellent...but....who would be ok with the publicity in this day and age??....but i think its a good idea....

|On another note.......there will be a good section on some old lines in a future publication......

Good hunting lads...JD