lakeland x parson russell pics

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would not be out without a collar on him in the future ,mate he could drop some day and you won't find him       this is my lakeland x russell bitch ,ground work is what they are bred for a

laky russel

L330 wins nearly all the shows over there , he has stiff competition this year from Danny300 . Good luck with your pup Buster Red

Posted Images

Have you taken the pup out with older dogs that are working buster , i found this helps a young dog realise what is expected of it

i was getting her out with patt x russel dog.he was a great bushing dog ,but has started to go to ground ,i got gaught out twice with him .had to ring a mate to come and rescue him for me.embarrasing,cant trust him to stay on top anymore,didint think he had it in him to be honest.ill try get her out with some good bushing dogs and c if she picks it up.thanks for the advise

Have you taken the pup out with older dogs that are working buster , i found this helps a young dog realise what is expected of it

i was getting her out with patt x russel dog.he was a great bushing dog ,but has started to go to ground ,i got gaught out twice with him .had to ring a mate to come and rescue him for me.embarrasing,cant trust him to stay on top anymore,didint think he had it in him to be honest.ill try get her out with some good bushing dogs and c if she picks it up.thanks for the advise

I would not be out without a collar on him in the future ,mate he could drop some day and you won't find him

098.jpg

032-1.jpg

this is my lakeland x russell bitch ,ground work is what they are bred for and if they start ,if they are any good they won't stop

post-21594-0-69899700-1333316726.jpg

• Like 3

I would not be out without a collar on him in the future ,mate he could drop some day and you won't find him

098.jpg

032-1.jpg

this is my lakeland x russell bitch ,ground work is what they are bred for and if they start ,if they are any good they won't stop

i know mate i learned a lesson that day.tought id lost him.lucky me mate was able to find him and dig him out.your right bout the locator.hopefully i wont f**k up again

got a bitch for me younglad.very like that one.shes 12 months now .has no intrest going into the bushes and thats what i got her for realy.was thinking of getting rid.or should i give her a bit more time.we are new to this so could do with some advise

Take her out with dogs that work cover and see does she take an intrest :thumbs:

got a bitch for me younglad.very like that one.shes 12 months now .has no intrest going into the bushes and thats what i got her for realy.was thinking of getting rid.or should i give her a bit more time.we are new to this so could do with some advise

Take her out with dogs that work cover and see does she take an intrest :thumbs:

ill give it a go.with a bit of luck she will be rocking the bushes in no time.ill let yis know how she works out.niceone for the advise men.

a bit of encourgment by the pup today.had her out with the lurcher today,just for the exercise more than anything else.walking along an auld crumbled stone wall over grown with brambles.and in she went .she had a good mooch around.the younglad went in after her and there she was trying to dig down into the rocks.so the lad was pulling away at the rocks and the pup was having a good go herself.didint find anything but at least its a start i suppose.she might make it after all.half the reason i wasint sure about her was i bought her at a game fair off a man i didint know .so had know idea if her parents were any good.the lad seen her ,wanted her and that was that,what can ya do.have to say she does look the part.ill see can he put some pics up. i wouldint have a fcukin clue were to start.

Nice one mate sometimes it takes a while to click but as soon as it does there will be no going back .

I was quite suprised by one of my dogs today , he is 2 ,has never worked and is a complete idiot of a dog , the only reason i havent found him another home is cause he is really good with my daughter and she loves him . I took my 2 terriers and lurcher for a quick walk and my working terrier marked a rat hole by a stream so i egged him on and my non working dog flew over and started digging to the rat like mad i was shocked as this dog looks ats brambles and walks off lmao , he dug to it and nailed it fair play so i think im going to use him as a ratting dog cause usualy if im working my other dogs he stays in his run .

Just be paitient mate and loads of praise and encouragement when dog does do what you want

Atb Trinder

Nice one mate sometimes it takes a while to click but as soon as it does there will be no going back .

I was quite suprised by one of my dogs today , he is 2 ,has never worked and is a complete idiot of a dog , the only reason i havent found him another home is cause he is really good with my daughter and she loves him . I took my 2 terriers and lurcher for a quick walk and my working terrier marked a rat hole by a stream so i egged him on and my non working dog flew over and started digging to the rat like mad i was shocked as this dog looks ats brambles and walks off lmao , he dug to it and nailed it fair play so i think im going to use him as a ratting dog cause usualy if im working my other dogs he stays in his run .

Just be paitient mate and loads of praise and encouragement when dog does do what you want

Atb Trinder

same thing here mate .i wasint looking forward to telling my lad his pup had to go cause she was no good,he;s mad about the dog.i might try get back to the spot with the spade tomorrow and investigate further;think its rats meself.was happy for the lad though the look of pride on his face when he seen her starting to work, priceless ; dont know who was more exited him or the pup. plus he wont have to put up with me takeing the piss telling him his little pet is a waster. happy your dog came good for ya id say the daughter is happy her little buddy has earned his place,take it easy bud

a bit of encourgment by the pup today.had her out with the lurcher today,just for the exercise more than anything else.walking along an auld crumbled stone wall over grown with brambles.and in she went .she had a good mooch around.the younglad went in after her and there she was trying to dig down into the rocks.so the lad was pulling away at the rocks and the pup was having a good go herself.didint find anything but at least its a start i suppose.she might make it after all.half the reason i wasint sure about her was i bought her at a game fair off a man i didint know .so had know idea if her parents were any good.the lad seen her ,wanted her and that was that,what can ya do.have to say she does look the part.ill see can he put some pics up. i wouldint have a fcukin clue were to start.

Glad it,s working out for you and especially your lad, good luck with her. :thumbs: