i want to do a deer stalk

Hi all,

i would like to do a stalk soon for deer but i have never done it before.

do i need my own gun?

do any of you shoot deer regular?

do you get to eat the deer?i know but i want to try game and fresh meat and i am curious.

do yo know any where that does a weekends stalk?

thank you

as none of the regular stalking guys on here aint going to point you in the right direction, i guess i will, try looking in the sporting days section..

Hi mate,

thanks.

done a a check down there.

I hav to say that what a let down from the dear stalkers.

just on the bases of no replys to this thread has put me completely off the idea.

some one like your self could of give me some advice or answered a few question.

thanks any way and please dont post any one as ive give up on dear stalkers :thumbdown: and stalking.

i now there plenty on here and no one could be arsed :thumbdown: except you mate.

Edited by martin1

or greenlea thats advertised in alot of the mags and no doubt has a site on the net too, its in the top of the tyne valley... im no stalker, i shoot a few that get on my game covers as and when... just thought that if typing a few lines helps get a new stalker invoved in the sport then its surely worth it....

well done to the more regular users of this section..... not

Edited by alimac

OK mate, I can give you the most probable reason why know one answered your post, it is the way you have written it, in the hunting world deer are regarded as the ultimate quarry, and an animal that you work your way up to, your post insinuates that you don't have a rifle and perhaps limited hunting experience, in the current political climate in the UK the lads are probably a little bit warry, can't blame them, if you were in Aust I probably wouldn't help out either on the info given in your post. Deer hunting is a passion, a way of life for many and they have worked long and hard to get their permission and experience. The lads that post in the stalking section are great blokes, I have spoke via emails and pm's with most of them and they are worth their salt and always ready to share info and help out.

It is more than likely the way you have worded your thread that you havn't recieved help, if you are genuinly interested in being a deer stalker point this out, but if you just want to go out and blow a deer away for the sake of it and trying a bit of venison you won't find any help as that is not what stalking is about. If you have given up on Stalkers and Stalking from your experience here chances are you were not that interested in the first place, please don't knock the lads though as they are good blokes and given a bit more correspondance you may be surprised, all the best with it.

Edited by FJager
or greenlea thats advertised in alot of the mags and no doubt has a site on the net too, its in the top of the tyne valley... im no stalker, i shoot a few that get on my game covers as and when... just thought that if typing a few lines helps get a new stalker invoved in the sport then its surely worth it....

well done to the more regular users of this section..... not

Jon Snowden who runs Greenlea is a decent bloke. I did my DSC with him a while back. Jon's rates are on his website, i think he charges about £90 for a 4 hour stalk, and he has estate rifle facility. Also if you book your accomodation with him, which is a good standard, I almost guarantee you get to try deer for dinner.