what got you into ferrets

Just curious as what age and how you got involved in ferreting/...

I was 12 when i got my 1st ferts,guy over the road from me was a notorious poacher used to take me trapping and poaching.His brother had ferts got two sandy hobs from him.Went ferreting with my mate wrong time of the year and couldnt set a net lol.. He taught me a lot that guy from over the road.He is now an under keeper on an estate in the highlands.Well all these years later im still into my ferts :victory:

My grandfather and uncle where poachers ,but the old man just wanted racing greyhounds so when i got pack off to my uncles for the summer i found my interest in ferrets and never looked back

My grandfather and uncle where poachers ,but the old man just wanted racing greyhounds so when i got pack off to my uncles for the summer i found my interest in ferrets and never looked back

Im the same mate,grew up with racing greyhounds :tongue2:

All you were to them was a meal ticket lol

My uncle always had them when I was a kid, and we had a pair of hobs off of him when I was about 9-10. Used to go out with my dad, lightly kitted up, ferrets in a sack, off to wherever it was we weren't meant to be! :whistling::laugh:

My uncle always had them when I was a kid, and we had a pair of hobs off of him when I was about 9-10. Used to go out with my dad, lightly kitted up, ferrets in a sack, off to wherever it was we weren't meant to be! :whistling::laugh:

Remember the 1st time i went poaching 3am in hopetoun estate with a folding 410 with skeleton stock man i loved that gun :tongue2:

about 5 years ago at about 12 years old my mates dad used to take us

then as we got older got our own and now have 4 ferts 2 border terriers a jack russell and a lurcher

dont ask me what cross the bloke didnt know himself !!!! it was from a farm for free because we did a bit of pest control for him nt sensational bt does the job we need

good pack good partners i enjoy it

got a ferret in a trap just thought we try a live catch trap for a fun , and ended up gettin a albino hob so i took him home and kept him now i ve got 4 ferrets been keeping them since i think september last year

liam

[bANNED TEXT] a was nine a got an ess and wanted a use (banned text) him so me and my brother got a ferret which was an albino hob then hid him in a cage in our shed and used him (banned text) ferreting till our step dad found out we had (banned text) get rid off him now were 13 we hav 3 polecat jills (banned text) hunting

My love of ferrets started with my hatred of rabbits. you cant shoot the little feckers under ground. So i got my self a couple of Albino hobs and and now i have two more ladies (courtesy of Scothunter-right little sweeties). Fortunately my wife loves ferrets, so i had little problem convincing her to get a couple more. When the girls grow up they will also work, but they are what i class as "Working Pets". I.e when not working, spoilt!!!

Matt

my dad kept and worked ferrets since the day i was born and before,so i suppose it is a part of me thats engrained into my everyday life and always will be,it was part of my daily jobs feeding and cleaning out ,glad ive got my own boys now lol but they seem to take the same pride and pleasure in it as i did.

I remember when i got my first ferret from a guy down the road from me [1979 was the year] and it cost me a fiver, a little jill and she was worth every penny, i had many a good days ferreting with just the one ferret and about a dozen nets.