Bull X pup needs a genuine home.

f*****g hell lads come on ................. So I should just get rid of my bird, sell our 4 bed house, probably lose both nice cars we spent the last 5 years working like loonies to be able to have, lose contact with gf's 11 year old daughter who is like my own (been together with her Mum for 6 years), and go and live in a flat on my own with a pup, not so sure the pup would be so important then!

You got to understand lads, I want my cake and eat it!!! :icon_redface:

Common sense answer, I bet you keyboard "kings of the castle" types are posting when shes not looking :clapper:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been reading this, you want to keep the dog keep it get a kennel and run and get him out side ,if the bird dont like it tuff, you feed him clean him out so the bird as got note to do with the dog , get the daughter in to hunting so shes on your side ,the green wellis better not be what im thinking of :whistling: you pair of pervs. chris

:clapper: there you go, sorted, whos next for marriage guidance?

man or mouse grrrrrrrrrrrrrr come on lad keep the pup you know you want to. if it dont work out you can say in my top bunk hope you dont snore lol.

No snoring mate, but I am a little incontinent, only a trickle like ...................

this is probably a good example of an impulse buy gone wrong.... i learned that lesson the hard way and wont ever bring home a dog that my others dont approve of.

i know you feel bad enough already and they can be kept but you have to think about whats best for everyone. what if the dogs escape and suddenly your partner or daughter have to witness a blood bath because they cant separate these two? or worse what if one of your girls has their arm ripped off while trying to separate them?

i know you cant live your life by what-if's.. but those are beyond likely to happen because its happened to me. you'll never be able to trust that dog's care with anyone else. i know because its happened to me before. went out of town for one day - on my way home that evening, decided to call and check on my 6 month old son and my mom.. my mom was crying, the baby was screaming - locked in a bedroom while two of my dogs were killing each other in my living room. it should never have happened, but my mom thought she was doing my a favour by feeding the dogs before i got home. i didnt tell her that they were already fed (because my mom had never taken an interest in the dogs before! i didnt think i needed to tell her!)

No. never again....

it doesnt matter who wears the pants in the family, or who rules the house..... you have to allow common sense!!

been reading this, you want to keep the dog keep it get a kennel and run and get him out side ,if the bird dont like it tuff, you feed him clean him out so the bird as got note to do with the dog

Most sencible answer...kennel it outside...you may find keeping both males inside together will be more of a problem in 14 months time when the pup finds his balls so to speak...all the best with what ever you do...(you sound like you make some on the spur of the moment hasty sales decisions...got a few second hand motors here you might like to take a look at...all good runners :whistling: )

Here we go again .........

I spent longer watching this dog before buying it than most people do, and saw it in a real life environment, am happy in my own head that this was no impulse buy, I was already looking for another dog, regardless of what my bird says, I'd have waited a lot longer if I hadn't seen this one, and am sure the lads who also saw it can honestly say it ticked all the boxes, type, temperament, condition, all good.

AKA, that's exactly what I intend to do, the only reason any of this is an issue is because I'm trying hard to get my bird on side with me, I know all the theory, just trying to put it into practice diplomatically here (the difficult bit), as you rightly say there will be no issue once the dogs are securely seperated, no more risk than there is of my Stafford grabbing another random dog as he did recently, with ownership of these dogs comes great responsibility, we should all know that, I know you do.

Blue Coyote, as above, no offence intended, but I'm 42 years old and have Staffords (singly) for most of my life, I get it, my struggle is getting my good lady to get it too, am sure her 11 year old daughter gets it better than her already!

Staffman, I wear her pants, as you well know, I don't mind if you post some of those photos you swapped with me of you in your ladies undies ............ :icon_eek:

Here we go again .........

I spent longer watching this dog before buying it than most people do, and saw it in a real life environment, am happy in my own head that this was no impulse buy, I was already looking for another dog, regardless of what my bird says, I'd have waited a lot longer if I hadn't seen this one, and am sure the lads who also saw it can honestly say it ticked all the boxes, type, temperament, condition, all good.

Blue Coyote, as above, no offence intended, but I'm 42 years old and have Staffords (singly) for most of my life, I get it, my struggle is getting my good lady to get it too, am sure her 11 year old daughter gets it better than her already!

No offense taken but i wasnt saying you judged the pup wrongly.. it was your own dog you didnt seem to consider. it doesnt matter how many years you have in a breed because each dog is an individual and though they may all look the same.. they wont all act the same.

now if you brought this pup home knowing your dog had 90% likelihood of going ballistic then.... well i cant say anything to that except you knew what to expect.

i hope everything does work out in the end and that you can keep this pup. sounds like you're very fond of him, so i'll say good luck and leave it at that :victory:

No offense taken but i wasnt saying you judged the pup wrongly.. it was your own dog you didnt seem to consider.

now if you brought this pup home knowing your dog had 90% likelihood of going ballistic then.... well i cant say anything to that except you knew what to expect.

i hope everything does work out in the end and that you can keep this pup. sounds like you're very fond of him, so i'll say good luck and leave it at that :victory:

You got that bit right! :thumbs:

The dog I already had, I hoped I'd be able to work with to accept the pup with my partners help, she's turning now, but wasn't exactly helpful at first, but that's ok, she'll soon see why she should have helped next time something needs doing around the house or her daughter needs picking up or something like that!

I can't believe how quickly the 2 dogs have bonded (I know it will always be dodgy to leave them unsupervised and wouldn't do that) but at this minute they are both asleep together in the Staffords bed!!!

Things are looking up here for now, fingers crossed and all that.

Thanks for your best wishes, that's the positive side of the internet, you're never alone! (I'm not anyone, I got my voices to keep me company!? ;) )

hey strong stuff do you have a lurcher range on your collars [bANNED TEXT]

Hello mate, I do make collars that are suitable for Lurchers yes, I don't make the shaped leather ones though, the ones I make are either 1", 1.5", or 2" wide, made out of nylon webbing.

:thumbs:

So not for sale anymore then?

It's looking less like that, although she has just reminded me I'm supposed to be looking for a new home, told her I'll be going with him!

I will not be dictated to by anyone, never mind someone who I've just spent 5 years making her life considerably nicer.