ferret cam

probably going to get a ribbing off a few, but i thought it would be interesting to get some footage of a ferret at work with sound.

i picked myself up a wireless camera that has colour & sound.

ive been testing it out for a while now & have finally ordered a digital recorder that should be arriving next week some time which will allow me to record footage, youtube are gonna love me !

the camera has a run time of approx 5 hours & will work over a distance of 100m (330 ft) above ground with a clear line of sight, so they say ! :whistling: so realistically under ground i would expect 25% or less of that distance.

i will be using a bright LED £1 size torch that will be more than enough.

it weighs 1/4 oz which is nowt & my big hob doesnt even notice it on him.

hopefully !, it will work underground.

heres TED sporting the 2008 model.... .

rp1.jpg

rp2.jpg

rp3.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope your hob doesn't get caught up on any tree roots .

yeah so do i.. ill be putting him in an open warren, not near any hedges or trees, not that i can guarantee whats underground, but i have the perfect warren to try it on.

its only going to be used once or twice so i can get some footage.

rich

Guest The Big Fish

:laugh:

I tried this a few years ago, at the time the little wirless cameras were still too big to actually fit on the ferret so i attached it to my dog instead.

So ferret cam turned to dog cam then when that didnt work (well it did sort of) i lent the whole setup to a mate who flies remote controlled planes and i havent seen it since :icon_eek:

:laugh:

I tried this a few years ago, at the time the little wirless cameras were still too big to actually fit on the ferret so i attached it to my dog instead.

So ferret cam turned to dog cam then when that didnt work (well it did sort of) i lent the whole setup to a mate who flies remote controlled planes and i havent seen it since :icon_eek:

well fingers crossed, other wise it will end up on my model planes aswell... :wallbash:

a1edge.jpg