Unusual fishing-methods.........

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Best way I found to get Mullet when they are feeding close in KVN is with a cast-net,fairly easy in shallow water :victory:

how are they to eat mackem,??

never had one

best

kevin

They tasted palatable mate,depends upon how they are cooked,I even had a few from Victoria harbour,highly polluted,I still ate them and they werent that bad :victory:

I just think it depends upon how and where you fish Joe,methods and waters,but there are a few Norfolk pike-guides who offer night sessions in the summer :victory:

• 2 weeks later...

Helicopter fishing steve?One would need to be short-changed in the old grey matter department to attempt that,suits us fine ;) This time next week I should have cast a line in a high-street,right alongside a main road outside a shop-front,hopefully theres no one around to witness it :D

Oh yeah,where did this all begin?Helicopter fishing?I want to be Gannet-mans brother when I grow up,Puffin-man ;)

http://break.com/index/helicopter-fishing-...sport-ever.html

anyone tried the american automatic fishing reel or yo-yo reel? realy cheep. you hang them from a tree bridge or bank,theyre spring loaded and when a fish bites it reels in,setting the hook and if set correctly pulls the fish out of the water!

Yup,wifes cousin used them for ice-fishing in Canada,you used one?But theres not really a market for them in this country as set-lines are just as effective and a lot more discrete :victory:

• 1 month later...

Anglers,fishermen and others of that ilk realise the importance of a precise cast,if you cant cast accurately then your not going to get in amongst the fish right?Its like an inaccurate shot with a rifle,if you cant hit the target whats the use.I got a parcel this morning from abroad,going out to practice my cast later,I do hope I get something,its only in the Thames,so its just going to be chub maybe?But I cant look at a new piece of fishing-tackle and not christen it or test it out ;):ninja:

If I catch anything I will stick pics up,going out in a short while even though theres the most incredible red Thai prawn curry being cooked,I will just take a banana out with me to sate my appetite :clapper:

If I catch anything I will stick pics up,going out in a short while even though theres the most incredible red Thai prawn curry being cooked,I will just take a banana out with me to sate my appetite :clapper:

I told you not to eat that so called healthy sh*t. Remember last time you had a bannana and a bottle of water, you got a head ache. I had a chicken pasty and a can of redbull and felt great :D

Yeah,cant understand that,my eating regime is top-notch,never scran junk-food or nowt like that yet I am fu**ed after a hard night,I am like a clapped out Fiesta,you eat s**t like its going out of fashion,you glug that redbull crap every single time I see you, yet your the human version of a ferrari :hmm: I think your doing something wrong :blink:

Went over the playing-field earlier to practice my casting,bit rough at first but I soon got back into the swing of things,with the correct hip action and smooth swing I was getting a perfect circular flare,its all to do with the cast :victory: Hope no one was mis-led earlier and thought I was actually referring to rod and line casting?Heaven forbid ;)

Took the boy to the Thames earlier,tried to kill two birds with one brick,but the rivers heavily coloured and carrying a lot of water,so I never even saw a pike never mind managed to snare one :no: Did have one throw,text-book opening,a perfect circle,I still have the knack :yes: I let the boy release the fish,alive and unharmed back into the turbulent waters "Why do people buy fishing rods dad if this is quicker?"difficult question to answer"Remember when I told you some people are different?Thats why they buy rods"it didnt stop the questions "So who is different,them or us?" :hmm: "Them son,always them" ;):yes::D

post-1930-1220999199_thumb.jpg

post-1930-1220999214_thumb.jpg

post-1930-1220999225_thumb.jpg