Unusual fishing-methods.........

Whin old bean,your missing the point :no: Unusual fishing-methods,theres absolutely nothing unusual about a gill,I have used them all around the world for this,that,and the other,my youngest son could hang a net properly at the age of 10,it took him a while but he did it :yes: The point is I actually WANT to try and snare a pike,thats the crux of the matter ;)

post-1930-1216108937_thumb.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

- speared a few flat fish mcgiver style with a homeade spear this summer.

was out on estuary with kayak took spear to try and get some mullet but impossible from kayak.

been out once with the otter board when i was a teenager, not very sporting but good for a feed...

also was walking down down an isolated part of the estuary yesterday at low tide and found a 30 yard long gill net tied to rocks and with floats on top near a river channel. I was suprised to find that.

A lot of british freshwater fish are the same,I have lamped carp and thrown a cast-net over them just to see if I could do it,thats why I know snaring pike will be a cinch :victory:

well......you will find that carp are active both day and night...they are readily caught in the hours of darkness. not so the perch. unlike most other fish it rests in the edge as do pike. it is very rare to catch a pike at night time (on rod and line) and in fact, i have only ever caught one during the hours of darkness myself, and that was from a very populated reservoir on a sardine.

There you are mate,night time pike fishing,I think it all depends upon the methods and the waters you fish as with most things,if ever your in the area and you want to cast a line drop in,plenty of pike and zander locally,though I havent caught a zander yet,way too many jacks :icon_eek:

http://www.pikezander.co.uk/lurespinners.htm

http://www.esox.co.uk/pikefishing2000/new_page_9.htm