Heart of Wales Game and country Fair

Guest markbrick1
heard a few good reports :thumbs: but didnt attend,this is a new show and instead of all the critisim we should should show support but i suppose its easier to critise,keep up the good work and iam am sure the more yrs the better the show will get, :thumbs: mark

Perhaps also before anyone goes airing any opinions they should have been there, if I believe all I'd heard then you're the bloke who's dogs take 25 Bambis a night ...............

It's not easier to criticise, but you try standing around for 10 f*****g hours at a show you've been told gets thousands of people there, after you've pulled your bolllocks off all week making loads of stock.

The telling thing for me was that I couldn't find any other stalls that had been there last year ........... says plenty that.

It's easy to show support from your armchair.

I did try and support the show, I missed a day out at a local show where I'd have been with friends, to drive a hundred odd miles at 5am to be part of what was alleged to be a massive game and country fair, I went because the bloke who asked me to go had been decent with me and I wanted to be part of a growing show (and of course sell loads of gear), to find when you get there that things aren't quite as they were supposed to be is a big disappointment.

I missed the dog show because I was right over the other side of the field.

25 bambis in 1 night :clapper::clapper::clapper: all shows have to start somewere,but yea i agree maybe there should of been no exageration to the number exspected,but the weather must of kept some away,mark

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the show last year and I have got to be honest there was roughly the same amount of people there on the sunday that where there this year. The show can only improve and get bigger if the organisers start getting in touch with more companies who are willing to turn up and sell their products over the weekend. Need to get rid of the market style stalls and replace with more country sports etc style stalls. Other than that area that could be improved the rest of the show and displays were good

Dont forget to check out the photos at www.farlap-photography.com :victory:

cant see them on there :icon_eek:

yeah i just mailed them to see where they are? im guessing its a bit early yet seen as the show was yesterday. some nice photos from the sw though so im hopin that these will be as good.

Went up on the Sunday for the dog,s.. like a lot of people was looking at the skies..cant blame the organisers for the weather for christ,s sake..like the man said a lot of shows cancelled , they didn,t..Didn,t see much of the terriers but the lurchers were cracking with a lot of different faces than usual.Judging was thorough and fair i thought (even if i didn,t win)lol..I go because of the dog,s ,stalls are an add on..the guy doing the longnetting might need medication..Looking forward to next year..

patience boys....patience.......I didnt get home from 2 days at the show until 11pm last night and then I had a lot of catching up to do with orders....a sick hawk to take to the vets :thumbdown: and then all the editing on over 300 pix.....they should be there now if you take another look :clapper:

patience boys....patience.......I didnt get home from 2 days at the show until 11pm last night and then I had a lot of catching up to do with orders....a sick hawk to take to the vets :thumbdown: and then all the editing on over 300 pix.....they should be there now if you take another look :clapper:

was that really robert plant???? I saw "him" several times and first thought it was but then saw his missus wearing v. cheap wellies so decided it must just be a pretender! :icon_redface:

Quality picsof the show, coursing and diggin comp! hope everyone supports and buys their prints so we can have the same nxt year. :clapper::clapper:

was that really robert plant???? I saw "him" several times and first thought it was but then saw his missus wearing v. cheap wellies so decided it must just be a pretender! :icon_redface:

Yeah it was him! i didnt realise till after i told him i wouldnt sell my dog! :whistling: what you offering MR Plant! lol!

Please get here early tommorow if you want to enter the simulated coursing gates open at nine

Entries close for the simulated coursing at 32 dogs :clapper:

We are having a lot of enquiries plenty of beddies here as well :victory:

Anyone off here been today?if so how was it? i am hoping to go tomorrow weather permitting.

how did the show go couldnt get there any pics

Very disapointing, My opinion anyway, Others might think differently.

Agreed, VERY disappointing.

I think someone had been exaggerating the scale of the show.

From a personal point, I was told there was no other stall selling dog stuff, and that I'd be right next to the dog rings, I got there and GJ of B was there, surrounded by rays of sunshine as usual and I was quite a way from the dog rings, I doubt I'd have sold less if I'd done my usual and just sold out the back of my car, a lesson learned here for sure.

Venue was spot on, beautiful location, the field was indeed very well drained, vehicle control was spot on, but no way was that show on the scale I'd been lead to believe.

Strong Stuff as a matter of intrest to everyone on here How much did You pay For your stall that was close enought to the Dog rings that you could have chucked a collar in to ?????????????

When You rang me on the Friday night you asked was the show still on and asked could you book a stall I did not mention attendance ????????

You turned up on the Sunday morning some traders were trading Friday night

You had plenty of opportunity to come and see me after the show and speak to me in person

Ask any Lurcher or Terrier man or Woman what is important to them at shows and the first thing they say is Ringside parking,not one dog person was parked away from the rings,who did not want to be.

My main priority is to the people that support our show the General Public

Oh and by the way for a Show in only its third year of the most abismal weather

Lurcher ring entries 186

terrier ring entries 83

Bedlingtons 31

Please get here early tommorow if you want to enter the simulated coursing gates open at nine

Entries close for the simulated coursing at 32 dogs :clapper:

We are having a lot of enquiries plenty of beddies here as well :victory:

Anyone off here been today?if so how was it? i am hoping to go tomorrow weather permitting.

how did the show go couldnt get there any pics

Very disapointing, My opinion anyway, Others might think differently.

Agreed, VERY disappointing.

I think someone had been exaggerating the scale of the show.

From a personal point, I was told there was no other stall selling dog stuff, and that I'd be right next to the dog rings, I got there and GJ of B was there, surrounded by rays of sunshine as usual and I was quite a way from the dog rings, I doubt I'd have sold less if I'd done my usual and just sold out the back of my car, a lesson learned here for sure.

Venue was spot on, beautiful location, the field was indeed very well drained, vehicle control was spot on, but no way was that show on the scale I'd been lead to believe.

Strong Stuff as a matter of intrest to everyone on here How much did You pay For your stall that was close enought to the Dog rings that you could have chucked a collar in to ?????????????

When You rang me on the Friday night you asked was the show still on and asked could you book a stall I did not mention attendance ????????

You turned up on the Sunday morning some traders were trading Friday night

You had plenty of opportunity to come and see me after the show and speak to me in person

Ask any Lurcher or Terrier man or Woman what is important to them at shows and the first thing they say is Ringside parking,not one dog person was parked away from the rings,who did not want to be.

My main priority is to the people that support our show the General Public

Oh and by the way for a Show in only its third year of the most abismal weather

Lurcher ring entries 186

terrier ring entries 83

Bedlingtons 31

I paid nothing, I paid Pat his £50 for the tent/gazebo he sold me.

When he came to see me in the afternoon and asked how I'd done, I had at that point taken £85 ............. I told him he couldn't have what I didn't have.

You should start a collar chucking competition, you'd win outright if you could reach the Lurcher and Terrier ring from where I was standing.

If some traders were there on friday night more fool them, I bet they won't be next year!

I didn't ring you on friday night, you're either mistaken or making that up, I sent you a message on here 2 weeks ago, you passed me Pats number I rang him last monday and sorted it out.

I haven't made it up about the expected attendance, or the number of trade stalls you said you were having, you started bulling this show up to me in April, told me you had thousands through the gate last year, spent 5 grand on advertising ............ blah blah blah.

I didn't come looking for you after the show as I was too busy looking for a vehicle to empty the diesel from to get home.

Dont want or need a slaging match with anyone on here nobody particulary organisers or trade stalls gain nothing from it,When I spoke to you in May at our spring show I explained the fact that we were expecting a lot this Year based on last years attendance in the monsoon and the positive feedback we had recieved,anyone who knows me will hopefully verify I do not bullshit,We have spent well in excess of 7,500 on advertising this Year 2,670 with the Countrymans Weekly,I have all the copies of Invoices paid and unpaid.

I wish you had seen me after the show I wanted to order Three German Shepherd Collars of you and a Terrier Couple and still do let me know how much along with postage.

Dont want or need a slaging match with anyone on here nobody particulary organisers or trade stalls gain nothing from it,When I spoke to you in May at our spring show I explained the fact that we were expecting a lot this Year based on last years attendance in the monsoon and the positive feedback we had recieved,anyone who knows me will hopefully verify I do not bullshit,We have spent well in excess of 7,500 on advertising this Year 2,670 with the Countrymans Weekly,I have all the copies of Invoices paid and unpaid.

I wish you had seen me after the show I wanted to order Three German Shepherd Collars of you and a Terrier Couple and still do let me know how much along with postage.

I think we should put this one to bed now, and hopefully learn from it.

Yes we were a bit surprised that the show wasn't "Game fair sized" and this was probably because we clicked on the Penmanaeu website before we went, and saw gamefair sized pics of cars parked etc.

I traveled over 300 miles round trip to go to the show, and on reflection was glad I went.

At the end of the day, we met up with some familiar faces and had a good craic.

Some good dogs on show, and the setting was just fantastic. And all for a fiver.

Roll on next year.

I think we should put this one to bed now, and hopefully learn from it.

Yes we were a bit surprised that the show wasn't "Game fair sized" and this was probably because we clicked on the Penmanaeu website before we went, and saw gamefair sized pics of cars parked etc.

I traveled over 300 miles round trip to go to the show, and on reflection was glad I went.

At the end of the day, we met up with some familiar faces and had a good craic.

Some good dogs on show, and the setting was just fantastic. And all for a fiver.

Roll on next year.

well said :clapper::clapper::clapper:

In reply to strong stuff's writting i think that instead of critising someone who is trying to make something, he should of simply offered some advice and instead of a slagging match needed to help to make something more of what was a great show. When shows like the royal welsh and cla gamefair first started how many stalls and people do you think went? This show is only in its 3rd year and has grown every year and i hope it keeps growing.