Heart of Wales Game and country Fair

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a great day out, but have to agree, the size of the show was vastly over exaggerated.

Had to do a double take when I saw Robert Plant at ringside watching with interest the Beddies and Beddie lurchers.

post-3549-1219049005.jpg

post-3549-1219049048.jpg

post-3549-1219049089.jpg

Edited by david2363

i spent the weekend there ,there was a good turn out for lurchers and terriers and ive never seen so many working beddies :clapper: ,i enjoyed the atmosphere and cant believe i watched the sheep shearing contest :icon_redface: but the beer was good :clapper: hopefully the rest of show will improve with time

I was going to go to this, decided to go to the Warwickshire Game Fair instead, alot of good dogs turned out there. I managed to get a couple of video clips for You've Been Framed as well!!!LOL Missed the best one of the household cavalry guard falling off his horse in the middle of the display ring though :icon_redface::D

fair point it wasnt as big a show as it was bulled up to be but every show has to start somewhere, it was a good atmosphere and a good turn out of dogs considering ragley hall was on as well, it was nice to see so many bedlingtons even though a few were the fluffy brigade

As one of the organiser I take all opinions on board you have to if you want to improve,as I never left the field from morning right through until the racing ended at I believe seven oclock last night,anybody had the opportunity to come and discuss the show with me Bad point or good.

If the show has been exagerated by others I can only appologise however weather as everyone knows plays a huge part attendance,I have lost count of the ammount of shows that cancelled last week .WE DID NOT

I MADE A 2 HOUR DRIVE UP ON THE SUNDAY FOR THE T&L SHOW.

THERE WAS A GOOD TURN OUT FOR THE SHOW.

I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED WHEN I HAD A WALK AROUND THE STALLS. WITH THE HYPE OF ALL THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE. IN MY OPINION THE STALLS WERE A BIT OF A FLOP. 2 STALLS SELLING DOG EQUIPMENT AND 3 STALLS SELLING CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES. THE REST OF THE STALLS WAS A BIT LIKE PONTY MARKET MOSTLY POUND STALLS. AFTER PAYING £13 FOR 3 PEOPLE TO GO IN THERE, I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED. IT WAS JUST A GLORIFIED DOG SHOW. AT THE END OF THE DAY SOME OF THE TERRIER SHOWS THAT I HAVE GONE TO THIS YEAR HAVE HAD ONE OR TWO STALLS THERE SELLING DOG EQUIPMENT. I THINK THEY NEED TO PULL THEIR FINGER OUT FOR NEXT YEAR AND ORGANISE SOME DECENT TRADE STANDS.

I WILL BE THINKING TWICE ABOUT GOING UP NEXT YEAR DUE TO THE FUEL COST AND THE ENTRY FEE, TO WATCH WAS ACTUALLY THERE. :thumbdown:

there wasnt as many people there as i thought there would be, but i got one of the darcy books i been after for a bargain price, bought a new waxed jacked and some new boots and the stall holder only charged me for the boots, enjoyed the dogs, only the second time i have ever been in the ring, took my lurcher pup in, falconry was good, long netter was a bit of a character, i think the weather played a big part in why there wasn`t a massive attendance, but i had a great day

one thing the organisers can`t organise is the weather :thumbs:

I had a fantastic time as always. if there were more trade stands my mrs might enjoy it more but my wallet certainly wouldnt!

the judge was thorough and fair, maybe two rings for lurchers nxt year so i dont have to sit there all day waitin for my mrs to finish paradin around and then the racing can start earlier.

its good that the racing doesnt start till after the show because thats a major problem 4 us as the mrs does the showin an i like the racing and the dog cant be in 2 places at once!

The night in the bar is what its all about, good old chin wag with like minded people and drinks sold at normal prices....not as is seen at other game fairs

The price for entry and camping etc is extremley reasonable. the showers and toilets are immaculate and the staff are all friendly.

i have been every year since it started and will keep going every year.

WRITTEN BY ALAN THE PUNCH BALL CHAMPION! lol :clapper::clapper::clapper:

Guest markbrick1

heard a few good reports :thumbs: but didnt attend,this is a new show and instead of all the critisim we should should show support but i suppose its easier to critise,keep up the good work and iam am sure the more yrs the better the show will get, :thumbs: mark

This was the first time for me but really enjoyed it! Thought it was going to be alot bigger but still had a good time. luckily enough it stayed dry nearly all day (1 or 2 little showers). It's only just over an hour away from home so not a bad distance to travel. really enjoyed the Falconry especially the Saker Falcon and also met Strong stuff which is nice to put a face to a name. Will definatley go next year hopefully with a terrier of my own. Also got a book off the book stall (little dogs with big hearts) wish i'd bought the dig deep, throw well back, too but never mind. only thing that i was pissed off about is i forgot to take my slr camera :icon_redface:

heard a few good reports :thumbs: but didnt attend,this is a new show and instead of all the critisim we should should show support but i suppose its easier to critise,keep up the good work and iam am sure the more yrs the better the show will get, :thumbs: mark

Perhaps also before anyone goes airing any opinions they should have been there, if I believe all I'd heard then you're the bloke who's dogs take 25 Bambis a night ...............

It's not easier to criticise, but you try standing around for 10 f*****g hours at a show you've been told gets thousands of people there, after you've pulled your bolllocks off all week making loads of stock.

The telling thing for me was that I couldn't find any other stalls that had been there last year ........... says plenty that.

It's easy to show support from your armchair.

I did try and support the show, I missed a day out at a local show where I'd have been with friends, to drive a hundred odd miles at 5am to be part of what was alleged to be a massive game and country fair, I went because the bloke who asked me to go had been decent with me and I wanted to be part of a growing show (and of course sell loads of gear), to find when you get there that things aren't quite as they were supposed to be is a big disappointment.

I missed the dog show because I was right over the other side of the field.