vicous kitts

were going to get this argument until doomsday, and I'll duck as you through cups at me, because I still put it down to "pets" and workers, pet ferts are more likely to be fed umpteen meals daily, "workers" once a day/eve, this is not saying we care less for our ferts, if they are given ample food of a night, and some is removed the following morning, then they cant be starving, a few keepers on here, I wont mention names in case a lynch mob is formed, but some only feed 6 days out of 7

to those saying in horror that a weaned kitt is not an adult, your right, but in a wild state, would they feed differently, dont think so,

mine get the occassional treat throughout the day, egg or fert paste, but rabbit is ONLY given around 8pm

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im so glad i can be lectured on this site to correct my wrongfull ways . Ive had ferrets for forty years ferret 3/4 times a week raised plenty of kitts theres guy on here who know me and have been ferreting with me and can vouch for the condition of my ferrets but ive now take a note i doing it wrong .

I must strive to improve

I must feed flesh four times a day to my stock and have the place crawling with flies and maggots

Dont fecking think so

Bollocks. :laugh:

Nobody's lecturing you.

Things change. Animal husbandry moves on as people find better ways to do things.

were going to get this argument until doomsday, and I'll duck as you through cups at me, because I still put it down to "pets" and workers, pet ferts are more likely to be fed umpteen meals daily, "workers" once a day/eve, this is not saying we care less for our ferts, if they are given ample food of a night, and some is removed the following morning, then they cant be starving, a few keepers on here, I wont mention names in case a lynch mob is formed, but some only feed 6 days out of 7

to those saying in horror that a weaned kitt is not an adult, your right, but in a wild state, would they feed differently, dont think so,

mine get the occassional treat throughout the day, egg or fert paste, but rabbit is ONLY given around 8pm

I just have food around for them 24/7. That's not the same as feeding 'umpteen meals a day'. Clearly that's dry, but the 'dry vs carcass' argument is for another time.

And what relevence is 'the wild state' in this? 10 week old kits aren't adults....period.

Thing is, we've all got our own ways of doing things.

When someone suggests an alternative, we can either think about it logically, or get all sarky and defensive.

Here comes another warning.... :angel:

Edited by droid

The 'pet vs wild animal' thing is a red herring, unless the digestive system has changed markedly.

If kits need 24/7 food then they need to get it. If they don't they don't.

And if 'the one's' kits are not biting, then they're getting enough food. End of, really.

and since when did ferrets become wild animals? they are pets, they dont feed in the wild cause they arent bloody wild :p

so are you saying that if a ferret escaped into the wild it wouldnt survive .........

The 'pet vs wild animal' thing is a red herring, unless the digestive system has changed markedly.

If kits need 24/7 food then they need to get it. If they don't they don't.

And if 'the one's' kits are not biting, then they're getting enough food. End of, really.

well my kitts dont bite, so I must be doing ok, yup driod your right, each to there own way of keeping, although saying, look at it logically, dosent work to either party, those feeding 3 to 4 meals will think were "bar stewards" for not, and visa versa,

and in answer to your question mate, no you wont get a warning, as its a disscussion, you recieved a warning for a petty argument with jojo and spoiling anothers post, end off,

most people take a warning and get on with it, but if you want to keep bringing it up :doh:

and in answer to your question mate, no you wont get a warning, as its a disscussion, you recieved a warning for a petty argument with jojo and spoiling anothers post, end off,

most people take a warning and get on with it, but if you want to keep bringing it up :doh:

It was a joke.

J O K E

Admittedly a rather feeble one. I'll try harder in future. :laugh:

And you are missing the point with feeding. If you supplement carcass with dry, note SUPPLEMENT not SUBSTITUTE, you can have food available 24/7, so there's no need to think in terms of 3-4 meals a day, or one etc.

That's where things have moved on in the last 40 years or so.

Guest bigredbusa

funny that the only two people who feed loads in a day are pet owners ;) , im suprised you nasty ferreters ferts live as long as they do . shame on you lol :)

it's good to see that the taxes i pay for the dole lot are doing a stirling job in keeping fat overweight ferts ready for the showing season

all the years ive had and bred ferrets i have only fed them a good meal at night and they have always had a dish of dried to eat in the day ,ive never had nasty kits .i also hand feed the kits small pieces of meat so they used to the difference between food and hands

all the years ive had and bred ferrets i have only fed them a good meal at night and they have always had a dish of dried to eat in the day ,ive never had nasty kits .i also hand feed the kits small pieces of meat so they used to the difference between food and hands

Edited, so I don't get my arse kicked...... :laugh:

Edited by droid