vicous kitts

Im no talking about baby's im talking about ferret kitts and if they have been weaned from the jill there 10 /12 weeks of age and can be treated as a adult

So you think 10 weeks is old enough to leave a ferret the best part of 10 hours with out food ?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My ferts have dry 24/7 the older workers eat it and have noticed some of the kits are starting to eat it too.They get fresh rabbit anytime between 6 and 9pm.(just when the flies die down).also get soya milk.Thats been my routine for years.I used to worry that maybe the kits aren't getting enough when i take them from their mother and rehouse them.Thats why i use dry must admit they aint exactly over the moon with dry but they will eat it.

Im no talking about baby's im talking about ferret kitts and if they have been weaned from the jill there 10 /12 weeks of age and can be treated as a adult

So they're full adult size at 10 weeks?

Incredible! :notworthy:

Guest bigredbusa

well i work all day but get home most lunch times , i feed them when i can but if they have 1 meal be it a whole rabbit thats what they get. mine are not ripping my arm off .

I'd have thought a whole rabbit was like a fridgeful of food for a ferret..... :laugh:

Not when ive six jills and a hob in each run and my kitts in a third one ,i feed three rabbits a day and take out a bit of fur and whats left of the bones with whatever flesh is left on them

Well I wondered how long it would be before someone said how unrealistic it is feeding kits 4 times a day don't you folk go to work?.I feed once a day I take the fur and bones out when i put fresh in.My kits are well fed but not fat always pleased to see me, DON'T bite and are weaned at 6 weeks They would sleep all day If I let them.

I just can't see how a mother would take a rabbit home to her kits :icon_eek: And i don't suppose they would mind the odd maggot ether,Fox's certainly don't and I've seen some very healthy ones.My ferrets don't seem to mind flies but i keep them as clean as i can.I don't like them much and my dogs hate them for some reason.

4 times a day get real!!.

I have handled my kits from a very early age and neither of any of last years or this years kits have ever nipped me once,i have mine weaned around 6 weeks and have always fed them twice a day.I give them a larger meal at night so they wake up to a breakfast already there,i then feed them around miday and put in the big meal in the evening when the heat has gone out the sun less flys as well.I do push my fingers into there mouths to deter them in the first place and it seems to work 100% so far,even my adults don't like fingers near there mouths and will turn their heads away.I can put my hands straight in there hutch at feeding time half dozen kits quick sniff of the hand then a look up to see where dinner is,always done this first to prevent the lunge bite you seem to get,lol.

I try my best to handle all mine but until i get the number down i cant really spend all the time i would want to.There is one that made me laugh tonight.I walked in and he must have got a fright jumped back and let out a screech lol

I'd have thought a whole rabbit was like a fridgeful of food for a ferret..... :laugh:

Not when ive six jills and a hob in each run and my kitts in a third one ,i feed three rabbits a day and take out a bit of fur and whats left of the bones with whatever flesh is left on them

It's not how often you put food in that Kay's getting at, it's having food available 24/7.

Im so glad i can be lectured on this site to correct my wrongfull ways . Ive had ferrets for forty years ferret 3/4 times a week raised plenty of kitts theres guy on here who know me and have been ferreting with me and can vouch for the condition of my ferrets but ive now take a note i doing it wrong .

I must strive to improve

I must feed flesh four times a day to my stock and have the place crawling with flies and maggots

Dont fecking think so