rat snareing i cant do it .

hi lads pegand gun,

beeen trying to catch them rats in the same manor as you with the pole snares and keep fooking it up . had 3 foul catches to legs and the rats got away .

so i left the wires down and started traping again last night . in the first hours of dark i started catching ..

gotanother in a spring snaer on single strand but the twisting must have fateged and snaped the wire .

i gota say im terible with snares anyway all ways have been even after being trained with them by a very good keeper years ago.

i dont think im much of a traper either but i do get better results with traps ..

the big problem is the cost of them (traps) i do and have made my own that are good and catch but then it becomes a time isue .

any way i would lovge to get this snaring thing nailed so will be setting more ..

can you runn me through a few more methods i could try as this one dont seem to like me at all. we have fox deer and rabit in our small holding and i would love a few new ways to get them wile i wait my new gun and licence..

all the best matt.

hi lads pegand gun,

beeen trying to catch them rats in the same manor as you with the pole snares and keep fooking it up . had 3 foul catches to legs and the rats got away .

so i left the wires down and started traping again last night . in the first hours of dark i started catching ..

gotanother in a spring snaer on single strand but the twisting must have fateged and snaped the wire .

i gota say im terible with snares anyway all ways have been even after being trained with them by a very good keeper years ago.

i dont think im much of a traper either but i do get better results with traps ..

the big problem is the cost of them (traps) i do and have made my own that are good and catch but then it becomes a time isue .

any way i would lovge to get this snaring thing nailed so will be setting more ..

can you runn me through a few more methods i could try as this one dont seem to like me at all. we have fox deer and rabit in our small holding and i would love a few new ways to get them wile i wait my IF CAUGHT]IF CAUGHT]new gun and licence..

all the best matt.

YOU SNARE ANY DEER MATE YOU CAN KISS THAT GUN LICENCE GOODBYE [iF CAUGHT]

no mate you are right i was not wanting to snare them mate it came across that way iknow but it was not my intention ..

im gona for get the snareing i think still no luck even tho most have gone off ..

stick to trapping i think it seems to work for me.

all the best matt

thanks P&G but i have always been shit with wires .

i find them realy frustrating. i can spend hours getting therm just right and never get anywhere.

im realy in awe of you and your skills with the wires . if you ever did do a book i would defo buy a copy.

all the best matt

hi lads pegand gun,

can you runn me through a few more methods i could try as this one dont seem to like me at all. we have fox deer and rabit in our small holding and i would love a few new ways to get them wile i wait my new gun and licence..

all the best matt.

hi everybody new to website(cracking website)midnight,i useed to be like you no good with snares i once set 50 wires in one night and caught nothing but instead of giving up i carried on and eventully started catching rabbits so you see practice makes perfect.I had no one to teach me i just read books and just used trial and error then one day all things come together and i caught my first rabbit :D (a day to party)so keep trying :good: