purchased my first beachcaster

Stayed at Alnmouth (Northumberland) for a few days and bought my first fishing rod EVER. Its a beachcaster combi 3 piece 12 ft and I got it from a fishing shop in Amble. The lady was very helpful ond knowlegable. Never got chance to use it but I will hopefully soon as I hope to get a few days at either Chapel or Ingolmels (spelling) near Skegness.

I am really looking forward to having a go.

Any tips for a beginner ??????????

(longdogrunner thanks for the advice)

Stayed at Alnmouth (Northumberland) for a few days and bought my first fishing rod EVER. Its a beachcaster combi 3 piece 12 ft and I got it from a fishing shop in Amble. The lady was very helpful ond knowlegable. Never got chance to use it but I will hopefully soon as I hope to get a few days at either Chapel or Ingolmels (spelling) near Skegness.

I am really looking forward to having a go.

Any tips for a beginner ??????????

(longdogrunner thanks for the advice)

Good fresh bait, sharp hooks, dont get too obsessed with casting a long way.

Try to learn the best spots and part of tides from the locals but dont be afraid to try an unkown spot.

Speak to the local fisherman, they will know the best spots but some may not be willing to tell you them.

Fresh bait is best but for those times when you cant be f****d to go digging, frozen squid is a good backup bait.

Its also good to tip off wormbaits with :)

Best time to fish is normally 2 hours before high tide untill 2 hours after but try all different times and state of tide.

Night time normally brings good results.

Any questions just ask :thumbs:

Butch

Thanks for the advice please keep it coming remember that I have NEVER fished so every scrap of information is good to me.

I need good basic advice.

a novices guide to beach fishing would be good like someone did for cray fishing.

you will need a shock leader if your going to be casting a good distance

40lb shock leader for a 4oz weight 50lb for a 5oz and so on

not sure how to tie the shock on tho i always get the bloke in the shop to do it

Yea a good shockleader is a must, or you could just use some 60lb line, you'll need that to make rigs anyway :)

Google these rigs, theyre basic and easy to make:

1 hook flapper/2 Hook flapper

Pully rig

wishbone rig

I normally use 2/0 hooks but it depends what your after.

Big cod will need atleast a 4/0, same for big bass, for flat fish i'd say a size 1 or something.

Mussels are also a good cheap bait thats easily to collect, works well for cod.

Now the weathers warming up the main fish people want to catch is Bass but theres also others about.

Butch

Join WORLD SEA FISHING forum, some good lads on there who will help you out no end with advice, tactics, marks etc, regards GINGER DAVE

I'd recommend that site as well. :thumbs: