HARE SHOOTING

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having dogs I obviously prefer to course them, but when that many are shot theres clearly a serious pest problem on the area of land, shame in my eyes they had to be shot, but if they wanted rid they would go one way or the other anyway...

Its all hunting...albeit extreme :o

Well, lets not be hasty here fellas...i know about the land upon which they were shot and no dog work is allowed on it...i beleive two hare drives a year are held and the numbers remain the same.....its someone elses sport lets not forget. Maybe its not your cup of tea, it certainly isnt mine. but if you cant dog them then i cannot see any problem..as long as the hares are not wasted.,...lets be honest, probably that amount is left to rot in the fields during the early season on the big land over one weekend when the "boys" are running.... good hunting guys...

Hunting is great and watching running dogs is realy good but most farmers dont like poaching feckers with dogs on the land the land that there fathers fought for and there farthers before them .No wounder there is poaching and a hate between the the dog men and the shooters. PS FOXY DO YOU EAT HARE.

Guest Geordie

Ive got to admit when i first saw the photos i thought,what a waste the fun the dogs could have had :cry: ,but as has been said,if the landowner dosent want dogs on his land,or if the land isnt suitable for running dogs,well thats the way it goes :p

Good shooting foxy :good::good:

that picture is a bloody disgrace, along with big bags of pheasants, these type of shoots are going to get the laws changed on game shooting, like they have done with hunting, i have been asked on hare shoots like this, you could not pay me to go, if you cant dog them, i would rather leave them.Thats not sport, its wholesale slaughter, i,ve been a hunter/ gatherer all my life, and that pic turns my stomach, what will the anti,s make of it?

This shoot took place on MOD land where no dogs are allowed.

The famer has 1 or 2 shoots a year just to control numbers to minimise crop damage.

These hares cant even be poached as you need to be signed onto the land by military police!!

A pest is a pest, be it a hare,rabbit,rat,deer or whatever and needs to be controlled by what ever legal method is available.

Sorry if anyone didnt like the pic!!!!

The famer has 1 or 2 shoots a year just to control numbers to minimise crop damage.

These hares cant even be poached as you need to be signed onto the land by military police!!

A pest is a pest, be it a hare,rabbit,rat,deer or whatever and needs to be controlled by what ever legal method is available.

Sorry if anyone didnt like the pic!!!!

Pity you could not have long netted some! I would have had a load off you to leave go near where i live. The farmers would not mind, like to see them about, as people lamp them around here with dogs and guns and they don't get much peace. But there are places they would thrive and not be so easy to be caught.

//////////////////////////////////

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

fair play [bANNED TEXT] i know you only went for the first time this year but as said before this was pest control and the main aim here was to thin out numbers this is where guns come into it ther have been days on this shoot where in excess of 200 hares have been shot so as you can see there is a serious problem here foxhunter is not the villian here only a means to an end

good hunting all woodga :ph34r: ps it would be great though if only you could run them with the dog still we can dream :whistle:

I've been invited on saturday by our neighbouring keeper to go on there hare shoot with the lurchers to catch the wounded :no: its a pity but we've got the saluki coursing club coming on ours. I would of gone just to catch the suffering :cry: don't like shooting em but everyone to there own :good:

what really disgusts me about bags like this, is they are shot by so called game shooters, who have far too much money, no fieldcraft skills, and usually no gun sense, totally unruly animals, and no respect for their quarry whatsoever, i can honestly say, in 30 years at it, i havent met one i would consider a sportsman, as you will have guessed, i have no time for game shooters anymore, i,ve seen it all whilst beating. The majority didnt support [ practically] the fight against the hunting bill, and thought of no one but themselves, i wont be supporting them now the anti,s are turning on them, game shooting needs to clean up its act, and bloody quick, i,l bet half the tossers havent even eaten hare, never mind caught one sportingly, and cleaned and cooked it themselves, a shocking waste of a magnificent sporting animal, too much to ask that they be netted and moved?yes, cant see a game shooter knowing what a net is :no: if shoots like this have to happen, and i accept they must for vermin control, pictures shouldnt be posted, its adding fuel to the anti,s fire, this is not a personal dig at you foxy.