Hi

My name is Kathy and I live in Blackpool, Lancashire. I'm not a hunter and I don't know anything about hunting. I'm just here to "hunt" for hunters who live near me who might be willing to give me anything they throw away to feed my pets with. I'm vegan and I hate buying farmed meat. I'm not against hunting - if people are going to eat meat I'd far rather they go out and shoot wild animals, than buy meat from factory farmed animals who have had horrific lives and terrifying deaths. I don't like pest control but I understand why it's done. I'd really like to find any rabbit hunters near me who go to farms when the farmers ask them to. These rabbits aren't being shot for food and will be shot whatever happens to their bodies afterwards, so I would find it easier to feed them to my pets than anything else.

Kathy

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:no: What's up with you lads?! Get a bloody grip.

Kathy; Good on ye! I take ye at face value because I simply don't think the person's yet been born stupid enough to say what you said there without simply being genuine. There's obviously nothing to be gained from making such a Post, except to attract a few silly comments and, hopefully, a more mature person in ye area who can sort ye out with some of the necessary evil ;)

I personally respect ye views and Salute ye attitude. Good on ye! :good:

I have plenty of respect for a vegan or vegitarian, they live by what they feel is right, not a views i share of course.

The ones that piss me off is the meat eaters who take the moral high ground over hunters.

I think you are brave for posting on here and admitting that you are a vegan ,good on you for thinking of your pets need for a proper diet i hope there will be someone on here who can help you out ,and they might offer to take you along to see how its done

Hi Kathy

I'm not in a position to help being too far away, but I appreciate your stance on factory farming of meat vs wild as 50% of my family is vegitarian (none vegan tho)

You may find suspicion as some antis* apparently use the forum to cause trouble - I'm pretty new so I couldn't say.

You could try posting in General or Pest Control to increase the exposure of your ad.

Its also worth sticking around as there is a wealth of info about garden birds, fish and animal behaviour, that you won't find anywhere else. I only say that because I am humbled by the extent of the knowledge here and love to soak it up.

Shaun

* the idiotic battery farmed chicken eating type who cry cruelty because others do what they are too squeemish to, and the people who just want confrontation and speciously rationalise it in whatever form they can.

Guest little lurcher

welcome to the forum , your honesty may have raised a few eyerows but when you have antis on your case so often im sure you will understand, i hope you are helped out , failing that why not buy in meats prepared so you dont have to handle it? try landywoods

Hi

My name is Kathy and I live in Blackpool, Lancashire. I'm not a hunter and I don't know anything about hunting. I'm just here to "hunt" for hunters who live near me who might be willing to give me anything they throw away to feed my pets with. I'm vegan and I hate buying farmed meat. I'm not against hunting - if people are going to eat meat I'd far rather they go out and shoot wild animals, than buy meat from factory farmed animals who have had horrific lives and terrifying deaths. I don't like pest control but I understand why it's done. I'd really like to find any rabbit hunters near me who go to farms when the farmers ask them to. These rabbits aren't being shot for food and will be shot whatever happens to their bodies afterwards, so I would find it easier to feed them to my pets than anything else.

Kathy

least if you get pissed off with your dogs you wont eat em. lol :laugh:

welcome kathy