ERIC BROOKS TRIGGER KIT CZ 452

sitting here bored so thought id put this up...

i recently decided to get hold of the ERIC BROOKS trigger upgrade for my CZ452. i fitted it yesterday & the results are unreal, its totally changed the firing mechanism.

after taking it to the rifle club yesterday & putting a few down range its made my grouping more consistant as i dont tend to occassionally snag now.

i decided to go with the the 2nd lightest spring & for the purple shim, im very happy with the result !

the kits come with 4 different strength springs for the spring rod to adjust the pull weight & 4 different thickness shims that go between the receiver & the sear to adjust the sensitivity of the trigger.

1-6.jpg

2-5.jpg

3-5.jpg

working from the left hand side of the action, using a centre punch gentle tap out the front trigger pin 1st & the rear trigger pin 2nd. do not remove the sear pin.

front trigger pin

4-2.jpg

front trigger pin removed

5-2.jpg

rear trigger pin

7-1.jpg

rear trigger pin removed

8.jpg

trigger mechanism removed & factory spring replaced with chosen spring

12.jpg

pull the sear away from the receiver & insert the chosen shim.

13.jpg

14.jpg

now working from the right hand side of the action, replace the rear trigger pin 1st & then the front trigger pin 2nd inserting them from the same side they came out. " you will notice that the front trigger pin has a slight difference thickness on one end to hold it snug in place, obviously the thinner end should be put in first..

rear trigger pin inserted 1st

15.jpg

front trigger pin inserted 2nd

17.jpg

job done, should take all of 5 minutes to do.

19.jpg

has anyone else done an upgrade to their 452`s ?

rich

• Like 1

I've done mine and my mates for him. there difference as you say is super. the grouping improves alot once you do it

as you no when there trigger is going to break. just make sure you bump test the rifle after as some of the springs can be to light and make the rifle go off when the bolt is shut or if the rifle takes a little knock.

cracking pictures to mate they will help anyone else out that isnt sure how to fit it :thumbs::drink:

richie

Seen one or two of these photo guides before but this looks pretty helpful to me.

I still don't get this trigger business, got my Silhouette (NEW) a couple of years back and the trigger is fine, as far as I'm aware it is the original and was not upgraded automatically by the dealer before I picked it up.

Anyway, I have heard, and continue to hear how much Mr Brooks improves things, I recon I may just have to invest a few quid to see!

:thumbs:

Deker, all i can say is its chalk & cheese !

dont get me wrong, im a firm believer of " if it aint broke dont fix it " bit this was worth doing.

my trigger feels responsive, smooth & you know when it will go off.

for the sake of a few quid its worth it, & if you dont like the change you can always put the old spring back in.

i shoot competion aswell, & by looking at my shooting down the club yesterday things are gonna get better.

rich

Deker, all i can say is its chalk & cheese !

dont get me wrong, im a firm believer of " if it aint broke dont fix it " bit this was worth doing.

my trigger feels responsive, smooth & you know when it will go off.

for the sake of a few quid its worth it, & if you dont like the change you can always put the old spring back in.

i shoot competion aswell, & by looking at my shooting down the club yesterday things are gonna get better.

rich

Rimfire magic or did you get it direct from Eric????

Thanks for this great post .I've been hearing about these kits and keep thinking (a dangerous pastime for me..thinking), :hmm: "I wonder". Your not on commission are you ? :D Joking. Thanks again

Edited by comanche
Thanks for this great post .I've been hearing about these kits and keep thinking (a dangerous pastime for me..thinking), :hmm: "I wonder". Your not on commission are you ? :D Joking. Thanks again

well worth changing it ! if you can get hold of a kit..

rich

• 4 months later...