I spotted these this morning while checking some traps on the golf course. They were in a sand storage bunker and i just wondered if anyone has any ideas. My first thought was a polecat or large feral ferret......its a pretty big animal in as much as these front foot prints were quite wide apart........the nails were also extremely long. There is a colony of feral ferrets in the area.....but also a lot of mink also.......there are a few young rabbits in the immediate vicinity as a possible food source............your opinions would be most welcome!

post-12022-1211194770.jpg

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:hmm: Have they got toe pads, Rolfe? D'ye think, with those 'WareCreature' like claws, it might possibly be Gray Squirrel?

Here we go. Best I can do for ye from my own library. But here's badger in soft ground. Just seems to have a lot more bulk behind it, look:

post-3041-1211206540_thumb.jpg

Yes Ditch.......they had toe pads.........It did cross my mind it may be grey squirrel and you could be right....but they looked too short and broad in the pad length for me..........but Grey's do frequent the area also.