First stalking trip

I have the world Taxidermy championships on DVD somewhere,theres a guy on there who used several elk to re-create one Irish Elk (megaloceros giganteus) huge thing it is :icon_eek:

Good luck BB,you will love it mate,the adrenilin will be firing around your veins like no-ones business.I am a fairly new to stalking as well,it is fantastic...............Martin.

Good luck mate, it is a different adrenaline rush that's for sure, when are you out again Martin, your last read was tops.

Soos mate...........Soon! And,as 'FD' says I will be out with him on some of his land.........Can't wait!:boogie:

Well what a grand morning didnt bag any bucks as they were all in velvet , saw a decent amount of them though , and they'll always be there next time. Midgey bites werent fun though the little b :censored: ds . Stalked a buck with a slightly odd head on him round a couple of fields, finally got near him n off he pops down a ditch, so we walked on up the field, what do you know boyo the buck pops his head round the corner of a bush about 40 yrds in front of us. So we stop dead still and he wanders upto about 20 yards of us gives us a sniff and pisses off , only to come back again a second time a wee bit closer, the off he pops down the ditch, hopefully he'll be nice and clean next time.

Yeah was out after Roe RH , stalker reckons theres some others out Penrith way :thumbs: