deer hunting season 2008-09

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was out today to meet a lad to get abit of land to shot deer on,my luck was in ending up with shy of 200 acre, already have 67 acre, so sorted for meat this year :clapper:

roll on september

cheers sounder

Nice one Sounder...Time to buy another freezer and stock up again! :gunsmilie:

Have to do a few visits up around one of my permissions again this year, get a bit more....

i be up next year to do abit digging again you have a nice few deer up there,
  • 4 weeks later...

whats with all this out of season, section 42's that are being handed out like sweets??

the deer population in my area, has been badly reduced, with poachers and greedy trophy hunters, now, their given out the 42's?? not right. cant remember, the last time i seen a fully mature fallow buck, with full palmated antlers!!

whats with all this out of season, section 42's that are being handed out like sweets??

the deer population in my area, has been badly reduced, with poachers and greedy trophy hunters, now, their given out the 42's?? not right. cant remember, the last time i seen a fully mature fallow buck, with full palmated antlers!!

hi zak where abouts a you mate,don't think it that easy to get it it's up to the ranger to grant,

hi zak where abouts a you mate,don't think it that easy to get it it's up to the ranger to grant,

well, their are plenty given out here.. hardly any deer about. it seems, also, any fool, thats never had a rifle, are getting .243's, ect, going out and shooting everything they see, its sad and a shame, to see the deer numbers going down. what makes it worse, is the local ranger, shoots them himself and is one greedy fecker!!!!

well, their are plenty given out here.. hardly any deer about. it seems, also, any fool, thats never had a rifle, are getting .243's, ect, going out and shooting everything they see, its sad and a shame, to see the deer numbers going down. what makes it worse, is the local ranger, shoots them himself and is one greedy fecker!!!!

where you from mate

galway. Im not against deer shooting at all. i did it myself for years, back in the 80's. time cought up with me and i havent done it since. we just use to shoot a few that needed culling then and only the sick, old and the odd young one that had lost its mother due to different reasons. its seems these days, its lets see who can fill the freezer the quickest.

Edited by Zak
galway. Im not against deer shooting at all. i did it myself for years, back in the 80's. time cought up with me and i havent done it since. we just use to shoot a few that needed culling then and only the sick, old and the odd young one that had lost its mother due to different reasons. its seems these days, its lets see who can fill the freezer the quickest.
well zak i am not to far from you and where i shoot they are just two many over run with them,meet your local ranger ask him whats about

cheers sounder

well zak i am not to far from you and where i shoot they are just two many over run with them,meet your local ranger ask him whats about

cheers sounder

the local ranger, shoots far more then he needs,he is cleaning the place out, from what i can see.

thanks for the tip though Sounder, i wish you good luck for the forth coming season.

i would love to have a go at the deer hunting i never had a culd u need a liscence for that as will,

were in ireland north of south can you do it, how much dose it cost to hunt a deer, any idea were i might be able to get more land to shot any thing