.222 for muntjac

..and just to be a little more specific on the rules for CWD and Muntjac..

.22 CF Minimum

1000ft lb Minimum

50g Minimum

EXPANDING AMMO

NOT some but All combined are the Minimum!!

..so some sort of expanding ammo must be used and as Mr logic said, I too have had many instances of using HP on assorted Deer and many have gone clean through and shown little or no sign of expanding through the bullet track...a lot depends on exactly what you do hit upon entry and how far away from the quarry you are! :thumbs:

Any particular make / model of ammo you would recommend?

Shug

..so some sort of expanding ammo must be used and as Mr logic said, I too have had many instances of using HP on assorted Deer and many have gone clean through and shown little or no sign of expanding through the bullet track...a lot depends on exactly what you do hit upon entry and how far away from the quarry you are! :thumbs:

Any particular make / model of ammo you would recommend?

Shug

Gday there, Ive just joined up & r keen to give u my advice. I own a BSA HUNTER 222 & have used it off & on over the past 15 or so years on various animals like young tahr,fellow deer does & bucks,red deer hinds & stags & lots of hares & rabbits. On the small game varmints Ive been using Remington 50gr psp with great results BUT for bigger game like deer u should try NORMA 50 or 55gr sp. They hit & penetrate the best of all factory loads.

cheers

Guest john5

i thought that the min cal for shooting deer was 243 ?

might be wrong ?? :hmm:

hey Ricky where have you been hiding ? sorry i cannot send a PM the system will not allow it

England and Wales minimum calibre for Red, Sika, Fallow and Roe is .243. Scotland allows .22cf on Roe. England and Wales allows .22cf on Muntjac and CWD, subject to limits as per Deker's post.