Little sweet heart

Guest Magwitch

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't get it, do you, stubby?

'Lethal' genes either kill the foetus (leading to reabsorbtion if early) or, if not fully expressed, lead to shortened life/health problems. I never mentioned deformity. Whilst it's true that some gene mutations do lead to deformity, it's nort mandatory.

I didn't learn my genetics from the internet, btw.

I couldn't breed from my silver, she's speyed....look that up :laugh:

You asked me to state my views. I did so. If you have any scientific evidence that what i've said is wrong, then let's be seeing it.

Edited by droid
I am the Dr Josef Mengele of the ferret breeding world and your a....... :whistling:

No, you're just someone who can't cope with any form of criticism, and responds with personal abuse :laugh:

Take more water with it :feck:

Edited by droid

Can I suggest another way of looking at this.

Most of you seem to agree that a silver shouldn't be bred to a silver. Why not? After all, if silvers don't carry unhealthy genes then there should be no problem breeding a silver to a silver.

So why do people say don't breed silver to silver? I would guess it's because it's generally recognised that silvers carry unhealthy genes. Genes that ideally shouldn't be passed on.

Edited by Funfuret
Guest jojoamojo

how many members have kept silver ferrets into their old years?

in the nicest possible way - i have seen a lot of 'get rid' posts here and alot of 'why bother with a vet' posts as a pose to the pet ferret forums where owners will spend hundreds of pounds on vets bills and hours trying to research problems

if you seriously monitor the health and age of silver ferrets you will notice they die earlier, have more health problems and the symptoms of waardenburgs (sp) are more prominent

i know ball all about genetics, but when someone who does know gives you information (even if you dont like what they say) maybe you should go and research it before calling them names ;)

maybe you should do your research too....the vast majority of hunting people care more about there animals than you'd beleive!and they DO keep thgem to old age and look after them to the best of their abilities.which includes letting them do what nature intended them to.

Guest jojoamojo
maybe you should do your research too....the vast majority of hunting people care more about there animals than you'd beleive!and they DO keep thgem to old age and look after them to the best of their abilities.which includes letting them do what nature intended them to.

i have lots of ferreting friends, they know about breeding silvers though, infact they work rescues instead of keeping lines going

after 10 years of good working, they must be doing soemthing right

i have lots of ferreting friends, they know about breeding silvers though, infact they work rescues instead of keeping lines going

after 10 years of good working, they must be doing soemthing right

Well with all due respect if you know of any rescue who is willing to re home to a working home the details need to be logged on here

Guest jojoamojo
who's to know seeing as they dont keep the lines going! :wallbash:

right, so you think ferrets working is natural to them, but you think rescues cant work? why would they breed when the rescues they get in are fully capable of working :icon_eek::wallbash:

if we are gonna debate, at least lets do it properly :icon_redface:

who's to know seeing as they dont keep the lines going! :wallbash:

right, so you think ferrets working is natural to them, but you think rescues cant work? why would they breed when the rescues they get in are fully capable of working :icon_eek::wallbash:

if we are gonna debate, at least lets do it properly :icon_redface:

you misunderstand me,i meant how do they know they're doing something right if they didnt keep there own lines going? ive no doubt at all that rescues work well! never had need to try them myself though...

Guest Magwitch
I am the Dr Josef Mengele of the ferret breeding world and your a....... :whistling:

No, you're just someone who can't cope with any form of criticism, and responds with personal abuse :laugh:

Take more water with it :feck:

Ok my humble apoligises for my harsh words kind sir your obivously quite sensitive :kiss: .

Well is that against the law ?

No it isn't.

That doesn't mean it's neccessary or desirable though.

And if you must breed (rather than merely want to) then I suggest it makes sense to understand the full genetic implications of what you are doing.

Something that magwitch demonsterably fails to do: her recent posts confirm that her knowledge of genetics is zero.

At least Magwitch's spelling is up to scratch! demosterably.