Little sweet heart

Guest Magwitch

Guest Magwitch

I have a little jill who is the sweetest thing normally, but having recently lined her she as turned into a right cow. Feeding her yesterday she was on me like a snapping turtle trying to stink her teeth deeper and deeper. Anyone elses jills turn a bit nasty when expecting?

DSC02020-2.jpg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about ferrets, but I wasn't very pleasant when I was expecting :laugh: Maybe she's pissed with you for getting her into that predicament :laugh::laugh:

She does look rather like a little angel tho :angel:

Guest Magwitch
Don't know about ferrets, but I wasn't very pleasant when I was expecting :laugh: Maybe she's pissed with you for getting her into that predicament :laugh::laugh:

She does look rather like a little angel tho :angel:

Brenda's a darling normally, perhaps its a lady thing. my other girl Beverly is the opposite she's lovely all the time.

I have a little jill who is the sweetest thing normally, but having recently lined her she as turned into a right cow. Feeding her yesterday she was on me like a snapping turtle trying to stink her teeth deeper and deeper. Anyone elses jills turn a bit nasty when expecting?

DSC02020-2.jpg

That brought back memories Magwitch. I used to have a white jill which I called Alison. She was a maniac, lovely when unaroused but could turn into demon and bit me proper once. I was young at the time and thought I'd "take a litter off her" then get rid of her, Well if I thought she was bad before, she was a hundred times worse once pregnant, then worse still when she had the kitts. I'd to block her into her bed to clean her out.

One of the kitts turned into the most beautiful little jills I've ever set eyes on, I christened her Rosie, but you've probably guessed it, she could turn on a sixpence from sunshine and lovelyness into a Tazmanian devil. Luckily she grew out of it and became my favourite, 'till someone lost her, but that's another story.

Guest jojoamojo

it culd be she is craving more nutrition? pregnant jills need alot more nutrition, if they are so grumpy and you can tie it in to hormones have you not considered neutering? as a pose to 'getting rid of her' whatever that comment means (i dread to think)

and i agree, why breed silvers

Edited by jojoamojo

why not breed silvers????i agree to not breeding silver TO silver but you cant say dont breed silvers full stop :wallbash: if bred to another colour(preferably with no silver parents)should be no problems!look at my recent litter to see that! 11 kits,2 wk old and all as healthy as a lop! :tongue2:

it culd be she is craving more nutrition? pregnant jills need alot more nutrition, if they are so grumpy and you can tie it in to hormones have you not considered neutering? as a pose to 'getting rid of her' whatever that comment means (i dread to think)

and i agree, why breed silvers

Well you know as well as i do why ferreters breed :whistling:

why not breed silvers????i agree to not breeding silver TO silver but you cant say dont breed silvers full stop :wallbash: if bred to another colour(preferably with no silver parents)should be no problems!look at my recent litter to see that! 11 kits,2 wk old and all as healthy as a lop! :tongue2:

That comment shows a profound lack of knowledge of basic genetics.

Not altogether uncommon in those who choose to breed for colour.

Guest jojoamojo

That comment shows a profound lack of knowledge of basic genetics.

Not altogether uncommon in those who choose to breed for colour.

and very worrying to say the least, there does seem to be alot of breeding going on here though :icon_eek: