JLS Sound Moderator

Hi hingindoolie, I have a JLS on my CZ .22lr, it came with the rifle so I didn't actually choose it.

It is probably the one listed for airgun and .22 in the link you put up. It is not the best of quality perhaps, the inside baffles are just a series of coated (cadmium?) springs and fibre coated washers. The outside is not just painted, it may be a phosphate coating, anyway it still looks good to be fair.

It's not heavy and gun balance is probably better with it on anyway. I strip and clean it about once a month maybe, so it takes no looking after really.

Now the most important bit, when you fire the rifle, using subs, there is little more than a "Poot", indeed I can fart louder.

I would like to know what their centrefire moderators do in terms of the noise, that seems a very good price. Equally, other manufacturers' £300 seems like extortion, so perhaps they just charge a fair rate?

I would like to know what their centrefire moderators do in terms of the noise, that seems a very good price. Equally, other manufacturers' £300 seems like extortion, so perhaps they just charge a fair rate?

Thanks, There may be something in what you say as I have not seen a mod for my 22/250 for under £ 230 and this lots MK1 is almost half that price.

Not 100% sure of my ground here, but the centrefire mods advertised may not be reflex types - in other words, they hang off the muzzle and extend the rifle by the full 10" or whatever.

If this is true, they are possibly better than reflex in terms of noise reduction however the handling penalty may be unacceptable.

They would certainly be cheaper and easier to install than the reflex type as there is no precision rear bushing required.

As I say, not 100% sure.

Thanks, There may be something in what you say as I have not seen a mod for my 22/250 for under £ 230 and this lots MK1 is almost half that price.

Have a look here.

http://www.decoying.co.uk/?page=show-item&item=628

• 7 months later...

Also have a look at the PES muzzle can for £130. Very good mod and steve kershaw shortens them. I use a jet-z ase utra on my 7-08 I don't notice the extra length but then I have only got a 20 inch barrel. Also have the PES T12 on my .223 and .243 wich all the threads were the same so i could use the jet-z on em all.