harris hawk eggs

horris

just wondering if anybodys harris hawks on eggs waiting 4 my 3rd egg wich should be tomoz (monday) :toast: its my females first time she is a second year eyeisis av got her with a proven male just thought id here some other peoples thoughts :victory:

just wondering if anybodys harris hawks on eggs waiting 4 my 3rd egg wich should be tomoz (monday) :toast: its my females first time she is a second year eyeisis av got her with a proven male just thought id here some other peoples thoughts :victory:

Nice one Horris its a result :clapper:. just had my first one out tonight and another in pip in the Incubator, the other two hopefully should pip in the next couple of days, the pair are now down on the second clutch....

If I was you without being too greedy I would double them up if you have a Incubator or foster birds! pull the first clutch after a few days of Natural and get her to recycle giving you two clutch's in the one season! having said that some Harris's naturally doyble clutch weather pulled or not,,,,

Give me a sec and I'l get some pic's up of the one just out

Jasper

post-251-1209933880_thumb.jpg

Nice one Horris its a result :clapper:. just had my first one out tonight and another in pip in the Incubator, the other two hopefully should pip in the next couple of days, the pair are now down on the second clutch....

If I was you without being too greedy I would double them up if you have a Incubator or foster birds! pull the first clutch after a few days of Natural and get her to recycle giving you two clutch's in the one season! having said that some Harris's naturally doyble clutch weather pulled or not,,,,

Give me a sec and I'l get some pic's up of the one just out

Jasper

thanks 4 the picture jasper luckily me uncles got a incubator running because his gos has laid three so the eggs are going in there until the hatch (if the do) but i might crech a couple yet because bullet wants a creched female but dont no wat do but fingers crossed and alll the best with all your birds mate :victory:

Yes mate two out now and one now in Pip and in the Hatcher :thumbs:. Just had a Goshawk down and looking rough in the aviary, she missed a egg a couple of days ago but is still standing for semen so I feared the worst that she had gone egg bound...

she was pushing as if she was either constipated or perhaps a egg stuck but either was getting more and more stressed as it went on, I took the decision to syringe some Liquid Parafin into her and felt the Lump inside her and milked it out! this is what finally came out which must have crippled her! I have had this before which is either a Calcium Ball or just seriousley bocked up...

she looked pretty releived to get that out and Hopefully on the mend now but to be Honest I reckon it could have killed her...

Tony

post-251-1210015045_thumb.jpg

Yes mate two out now and one now in Pip and in the Hatcher :thumbs:. Just had a Goshawk down and looking rough in the aviary, she missed a egg a couple of days ago but is still standing for semen so I feared the worst that she had gone egg bound...

she was pushing as if she was either constipated or perhaps a egg stuck but either was getting more and more stressed as it went on, I took the decision to syringe some Liquid Parafin into her and felt the Lump inside her and milked it out! this is what finally came out which must have crippled her! I have had this before which is either a Calcium Ball or just seriousley bocked up...

she looked pretty releived to get that out and Hopefully on the mend now but to be Honest I reckon it could have killed her...

Tony

bloody hell mate :icon_eek: hope the gos is ok,ive a feeling you just saved her life

daz

:clapper::clapper: well done lets hope you get some babies :notworthy:

thanks lads well she had the 3rd egg on monday :yahoo: going in tomorrow for number 4 :boogy: hopefully keep us posted jasper on how ya birds are doing all the best

Got the three out Horris! there was four but I made a arse when I placed the tray of eggs back in the Grumbach, I caught a egg on the turning arm and cracked it, I gave it a whirl but it stopped mate :(....

This is the three out :thumbs:...

ATB

Tony

post-251-1210194235_thumb.jpg

It could have been better mate but I'm pleased as she is down on 4 again :thumbs:....

This is Basically what I have left egg wise, I have one female still laying and the Pair yet to recycle with the Goshawks, the Blue eggs are Goshawks the brown Pere's! the others Pere's are in the hatcher.....

ATB

Tony

post-251-1210194721_thumb.jpg

Got the three out Horris! there was four but I made a arse when I placed the tray of eggs back in the Grumbach, I caught a egg on the turning arm and cracked it, I gave it a whirl but it stopped mate :(....

This is the three out :thumbs:...

ATB

Tony

thats a shame about the 4th egg jasper but you are only human we all make mistakes got me 4th egg 2day so looking good up to yet so all the best mate :thumbs:

hi guys, just let you know three of horris's eggs are good, candled on saturday night and looked well, the fourth will be checked later, jasper a credit to you mate those chicks look real heathy and clean :notworthy:

ps as you've now noticed i am still alive :tongue2: