Nice to get the old folks out

Well was out today with my ferreting partner Ian and we decided to go out with Ian's step dad and 3 other golden oldies :lol: Was thier last trip out to the bit of permission we did theyd took 30 rabbits off of it in two trips already so we wernt expecting a massive amount of bunnies.

After a bit of a chinwag we set off.

The three wise men.....

8549.jpg

Moved to the first burrow and netted up was a big tree and Kevin wanted to try a young jill so we netted up the 8 or 9 holes and slipped her in. Luckily was a nice clean bolt almost instantly straight into the net and the waiting arms of kevin :D No pictures of this burrow as it was only a quick outing for the young jill. Picked up the nets and moved to the next burrow. Probaly netted up about 20-30 holes was easy going though as there was 6 of us. worked 2 ferrets in this burrow first rabbit bolted into a net on the slope and kevin ended up rolling down the bank with it in his grip.

Bit of a tumble hey Kevin.......

8550.jpg

As usual Cecil stood back and let the others do the work while he offered "constructive criticism"

Give us a hand Cecil....

8551.jpg

Then we had another from up on top of the banks followed closely by the ferret. minutes later another bolted that was our lot from this first burrow 3 nice healthy bunnies.

As usual Cecil stood back and let the others do the work while he offered "constructive criticism"

We picked up the nets and headed further along the track entering a small stretch of woodland. This woodland was littered with burrows that hadnt been touched so far this season so we made our way along and soon found another nice burrow which resulted in a shallow dig of 1 foot.

Come on Dave we aint got all day...

8558.jpg

Bout fecking time....

8561.jpg

Moved on to another burrow which only had 4 holes unfortunately we had to dig in a difficult spot to get to the pictures dont really do it justice the cover was really thick.

You ok in there kev.....

8562.jpg

Got one rabbit out of here and then moved deeper into the wood next burrow was fairly easy about 10 holes all reasonably open got another few bunnies from here

Busy man Cecil...

8564.jpg

8565.jpg

8566.jpg

Kept on moving up through the wood and doing burrows as we went accounting for rabbits on the way.

Dont just look at it Kevin...

8567.jpg

Thats more like it Cecil...

8568.jpg

Headed up the other side of the wood when heading back to the cars.

Ended up digging once again. Not to bad though only 2 foot down.

Get to work Cecil.....

8569.jpg

How many old un's does it take to dig a rabbit.....

8570.jpg

Did one last burrow to get the last couple of bunnies

8571.jpg

End result...

8572.jpg

ImgFree.net - Hosting Images

A good day out with good company brilliant banter brilliant sport.

Don't mean to be funny or anthing :rolleyes: but why is the old fella digging and not you :11:

The truth is that the old b*****ds wont let me dig apparently i dig to dangerously and are worried i will slice the ferret i half :blink: