Few noob questions

Hi I'm new to this forum, I used to shoot years ago at targets but lost interest. Now I'm thinking of breaking my HW90 back out again after years of gathering dust because of some pigeons and rats.

Firstly the pigeons in question are leaving a mess all over my garden furniture and now its getting all over my back door step and I've had enough and read up about the possible diseases. And they appear to be getting more numerous by the month.

1. I live in a row of houses, with a road out the front, and a field out the back, if I shoot the wood pigeons am I at risk of prosecution even though they are making a terrible mess?

2. Can I eat the wood pigeons instead of throwing them away? (would make more sense to me)

3. How do I know if the wood pigeons carry diseases that I might get if I eat them?

Secondly the rats in question are coming out of my garden wall and its right next to my back door and they appear to be eating the bird seed I leave for the wild birds and possibly getting into my shed which is only a few feet away. But I never see them properly, just a short glance as they dissapear. And now I have found rat droppings in my attic space! And they are eating my stored stuff.

4. How do I shoot rats that I cant hardly see?

5. Would it be possible to get a shot at the rats in my attic or would I be wasting my time? (I dont like poison cause its horrible and dangerous, and traps are rubbish)

Any help you guys can offer a live quarry noob would be appreciated.

Hi I'm new to this forum, I used to shoot years ago at targets but lost interest. Now I'm thinking of breaking my HW90 back out again after years of gathering dust because of some pigeons and rats.

Firstly the pigeons in question are leaving a mess all over my garden furniture and now its getting all over my back door step and I've had enough and read up about the possible diseases. And they appear to be getting more numerous by the month.

1. I live in a row of houses, with a road out the front, and a field out the back, if I shoot the wood pigeons am I at risk of prosecution even though they are making a terrible mess?

2. Can I eat the wood pigeons instead of throwing them away? (would make more sense to me)

3. How do I know if the wood pigeons carry diseases that I might get if I eat them?

Secondly the rats in question are coming out of my garden wall and its right next to my back door and they appear to be eating the bird seed I leave for the wild birds and possibly getting into my shed which is only a few feet away. But I never see them properly, just a short glance as they dissapear. And now I have found rat droppings in my attic space! And they are eating my stored stuff.

4. How do I shoot rats that I cant hardly see?

5. Would it be possible to get a shot at the rats in my attic or would I be wasting my time? (I dont like poison cause its horrible and dangerous, and traps are rubbish)

Any help you guys can offer a live quarry noob would be appreciated.

hi fillythebish

get your self some peanut butter and bait your garden over a couple of days and spread it couple of inches of the floor & sit & wait. as for bird seed problem get your self a bird table with a raised edge

hope this helps

happy hunting

davy

Guest Ditch_Shitter
Would it be possible to get a shot at the rats in my attic or would I be wasting my time? (I dont like poison cause its horrible and dangerous, and traps are rubbish)

:no: Well, if That may be taken to encapsulate your stance and attitude? Not a lot of point in anyone with a clue trying to convince you otherwise, is there?

Carry on.

Would it be possible to get a shot at the rats in my attic or would I be wasting my time? (I dont like poison cause its horrible and dangerous, and traps are rubbish)

:no: Well, if That may be taken to encapsulate your stance and attitude? Not a lot of point in anyone with a clue trying to convince you otherwise, is there?

Carry on.

I'm not sure what you meen by that.

What I'm asking in that question is if anyone knows wether rats would come out when a person is near. I have no idea how clever rats are or if they would smell me etc. I'm only asking for a little help, no need for wise guy remarks, we dont all have years of experience.

What i think Ditch is getting at is why do you think traps are rubbish?

If used correcly theyre a great pest controler ;)

Butch

Oh I see, well I'm sorry if I got it wrong.

I have tried traps before with a past rat problem and they never worked for me so I gave up on them.

What i think Ditch is getting at is why do you think traps are rubbish?

If used correcly theyre a great pest controler ;)

Butch

Oh I see, well I'm sorry if I got it wrong.

I have tried traps before with a past rat problem and they never worked for me so I gave up on them.

And what I think Ditch is getting at is he's seen right through this one. :whistling: