feeding ferrets

Guest ripstop

Thers loads of different ones to choose from,a mate uses vitalin, and his ferrets are fit as owt, scrap cat food dry or wet, ferrets need a very high amount of protein and other essential vitamins and minerals, i used one in a blue bag, cant remember the name but ferretville will know, about 22 quid a 15kg bag, lasted about 7 months with two growing kitts and a fully grown male. wouldnt go back to complete unless really desperate.

Guest ripstop
The thing to look for, if ye not prepared or capable of providing ye creatures with their proper and natural diet, is a f*cking goldfish.

Mine get the odd bit of brown trout too. :whistling: .

The thing to look for, if ye not prepared or capable of providing ye creatures with their proper and natural diet, is a f*cking goldfish.

:clapper: so glad you said that ditch, I'd have been hung by now

rizla, dry food, although frowned on by some, is a good gap filler when stocks of rabbit are low, but not as a complete, no hassle food, if your keeping ferts as pets, then maybe look into chicken from the pet stores etc

I will be getting my first jill when she's ready in about 8/10 weeks time. I've been looking at the dry food which I am going to feed, also chicks from the pet shop and trout. And if I can find some locally to supply me a few rabbits then these aswell untill she is old enough to work and I can get my own. Will this diet be ok for her?

I will be getting my first jill when she's ready in about 8/10 weeks time. I've been looking at the dry food which I am going to feed, also chicks from the pet shop and trout. And if I can find some locally to supply me a few rabbits then these aswell untill she is old enough to work and I can get my own. Will this diet be ok for her?

You want to ask whover bred your ferret what they where feeding them on and feed them the same,it will be a big enough shock getting seperated from the rest of its litter mates and put in new surroundings with out changing the grub as well

[

You want to ask whover bred your ferret what they where feeding them on and feed them the same,it will be a big enough shock getting seperated from the rest of its litter mates and put in new surroundings with out changing the grub as well

:clapper::clapper::clapper: