Airedale pup from Redline working lines

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

skycat

there martins dogs and there also from matt thom and the same line as my dogs martin hunts boar and other things out there and i thought he was also a member on here,martins and my dogs are the only working airedales from working lines in europe ,if you google redline airedale you will find martins website

skycat

there martins dogs and there also from matt thom and the same line as my dogs martin hunts boar and other things out there and i thought he was also a member on here,martins and my dogs are the only working airedales from working lines in europe ,if you google redline airedale you will find martins website

I knew that but just wanted some different input from another person! LOL I like to hear opinions from all angles: the more knowlege I can gain the better!

sorrie but if i have to write a story your a granddad befor i finish it

and its almoost inposseble to make good photo's when we are hunting , its alway's wet and cold in heavy cover and when the dogs get a boar i'am the fool who get into the heat and its very difficuld to stab a boar and make a photo the same time ;)

but belief me ,they are some fine dogs

I know how it is, not that I've hunted boar: but when the action is fast and furious the last thing you think of it taking photos: most of the time I'd have a job just to carry the camera around without damaging it: heavy cover and bad weather aren't really camera friendly!

just wondering they do look a hansome animal but they would be to big for digging i personly think to big for bushing i prefer a smaller dog could they run a rabbit fox ect or will they be for gun work retrieveing sorry if this qeustion has been asked i thought they were an british dog for hunting not used much anymore exepted shows

what im trying to say is if they aint used much anymore maybe for a reason do you know the reason just a qeaustion

they are to big to go to ground but pups i have breed are being used by diggers and also are working with hounds ,by bird hunters , and for blood trailing by keepers they are pretty much an all round dog that will do most things,i can only think that they ended being popular with hunters in the uk was when the show people got hold of them like a lot of the hunting dogs they started to be breed for looks and not hunting,these dogs from the u.s. have been hunted ever since they where first taken there by people from the uk and if it was not for the hunters there the airedale as far as hunting go's would have been lost forever

i also want to say about boar hunting and the dogs i have breed, both male and female were breed useing the same male and that male was from high country airedales and both of the females were from matt thoms line dogs from both of these breeders are hunting boar

Edited by jrearthdog

the biggest thing i experience was that they are not so aggasif like the jagds on the quarry

i had to stab a 75kg boar when me 3 patterdale's and one H-T was on him and after i stabt the boar he went derect into the drive again whit in his back me pats and that is what i like , get the quarry ,,finish it and go off hunting again

thats good i love the jagd,s but the 4 that i have had i could not hunt with the airedales or small terriers because as soon as they got on game they wanted to fight any dog that wanted in on the action so i got rid them as i dont want fighting with my dogs when out ,but if i could find one the was not a fighter i would be pleased to have one again i think that is why i am interested in this cross

Ian

now you know why i do not like the jagds

but what they told me and what i have see in the hunt i had whit them is that the airedale's are to fast and the jagd are to slow if the need to bring the boars to the guns