PIGEON / LARSON

Posted a picture last week of my pigeon trap saying it would be a pigeon trap with a difference well the difference is it a pigeon trap and a larson trap one trap for both seems logical and it will get far more use.

its nearly finished now just got to put the doors on the catch chambers for the larson section.

post-2720-1208552499.jpg

post-2720-1208552511.jpg

post-2720-1208552524.jpg

Made a lock for the bob wires to secure them when the trap is used as a larson.

post-2720-1208552356.jpg

post-2720-1208552367.jpg

post-2720-1208552379.jpg

post-2720-1208552390.jpg

post-2720-1208552402.jpg

post-2720-1208552413.jpg

post-2720-1208552426.jpg

Fitted a slideing door between the catch chambers that can be removed when in use as a pigeon trap.

post-2720-1208552586.jpg

Also put doors on each side to remove the quarry easily.

post-2720-1208552548.jpg

post-2720-1208552559.jpg

post-2720-1208552569.jpg

A large door on top of the call bird compartment to either put in the call bird or remove quarry.

post-2720-1208552455.jpg

post-2720-1208552465.jpg

just the doors to put on the catch chambers now then to give it ago.

post-2720-1208552483.jpg

alraedy had some input and help from John B which i am thankfull for he already had the idea before i thought of it so he has had plenty of time to think about his design.

any feedback or comments would be appreciated.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Not clear to me, from a glimpse of the above, if ye have it on there, but; What I always fancied was a ~ eg. ~ sliding door between catch and call cages so that, when used empty, to catch the initial Call Bird, one would simply have to let it through from one side to the other.

Save all that bother - and risk - in shoving ye hand in to catch the bugger. Exposing it to the air. Then repeating much the same as ye try to get it into the cage side.

already had some input and help from John B which i am thankfull for he already had the idea before i thought of it so he has had plenty of time to think about his design.

:laugh: Thanks for the acknowledgement Bobs but I think that is overstating my contribution by quite a bit :laugh:

I had some ideas in this area and but nothing in mind as well made and as thought through as this.

For the public record this should go down as Bobnets Idea. Very well done. :toast:

As for the overall design it looks very good. I notice the catch doors are made as a cut-out than smaller than usual but I can't decide if this is a problem or an improvement. Obviously you've got to get to magpie to go into this smaller gap; it certainly looks physically big enough and 'funnels' work so it should be OK but I just have slight misgivings. On the other hand it is far less likely that a bird could beat the door and get out as it closes and being smaller it might keep out some of the unwanted catches like cats and foxes.

Get it tested I say. ;)

already had some input and help from John B which i am thankfull for he already had the idea before i thought of it so he has had plenty of time to think about his design.

:laugh: Thanks for the acknowledgement Bobs but I think that is overstating my contribution by quite a bit :laugh:

I had some ideas in this area and but nothing in mind as well made and as thought through as this.

For the public record this should go down as Bobnets Idea. Very well done. :toast:

As for the overall design it looks very good. I notice the catch doors are made as a cut-out than smaller than usual but I can't decide if this is a problem or an improvement. Obviously you've got to get to magpie to go into this smaller gap; it certainly looks physically big enough and 'funnels' work so it should be OK but I just have slight misgivings. On the other hand it is far less likely that a bird could beat the door and get out as it closes and being smaller it might keep out some of the unwanted catches like cats and foxes.

Get it tested I say. ;)

John the door does look small on the picture bot it is 13.25inch square im hopeing its big enough, theres going to be only one way to find out so as soon as i find my other larson spring its going out to test i'll let you know how it does both for the pigeons and the magpies.

Not clear to me, from a glimpse of the above, if ye have it on there, but; What I always fancied was a ~ eg. ~ sliding door between catch and call cages so that, when used empty, to catch the initial Call Bird, one would simply have to let it through from one side to the other.

Save all that bother - and risk - in shoving ye hand in to catch the bugger. Exposing it to the air. Then repeating much the same as ye try to get it into the cage side.

Ditch there is no access from the catch chamber to the call bird chamber but thats a good idea i have put small doors on the sides of all the chambers to allow access for getting the quarry out. i will bear your idea in mind for the mark 2

Edited by bobnets