Deben Hand held Tracer

J Darcy

Well, i have always thought of these types of lamps to be not of any use to the lamper. In the past i have had experiences with some very poor models. At this years Midland i picked one of these lamps up for a good price and so i thought i would try it out. Firstly, the power; on the casing it states a daft figure of 2,000 000 CP , but i doubt very much if this is true. But, that said, i do think that the lamp is very powerful and easily good enough for lamping every critter. I havent ran one down fully yet so i cannot state just how long a charge lasts, but i will do soon enough. The drawback i have discovered so far is the spread of the beam. With my lightforce i am used to a good tight beam, but this Tracer was very wide, with shatfs of light going everywhere. I hope Deben sort this problem out.

This lamp would be ideal for someone just starting out, its cheap (£40) and powerful. It would be very useful to have with you in the car just to jump out and have a quick shine. Ideal for road-siding etc... ...if only they got the beam to tighten this lamp would be as good as anything else for short trips out.

Good hunting...JD

i've been using them for about three seasons,they use the same bulb as the lightforce aswell.

when i'm looking for quarry i use the blitz then when i've spotted something i use the tracer as the extra bit of spread is very handy for land driving,giving me a wider field of view (dogs coming into the beam,getting to close to the car,dykes, ditches etc).

i dont know about the battery drain though because i only use them in the car so it's just plugged into the cigarette lighter socket,but i have noticed that they go through bulbs a bit quicker than the lightforce,and you have to take all the screws out and split the casing to change them.

i usually pay £38 for them but i got one from selby game fair for £29.50 which i think was a bargain :huh:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
Well, i have always thought of these types of lamps to be not of any use to the lamper. In the past i have had experiences with some very poor models. At this years Midland i picked one of these lamps up for a good price and so i thought i would try it out. Firstly, the power; on the casing it states a daft figure of 2,000 000 CP , but i doubt very much if this is true. But, that said, i do think that the lamp is very powerful and easily good enough for lamping every critter. I havent ran one down fully yet so i cannot state just how long a charge lasts, but i will do soon enough. The drawback i have discovered so far is the spread of the beam. With my lightforce i am used to a good tight beam, but this Tracer was very wide, with shatfs of light going everywhere.  I hope Deben sort this problem out.

This lamp would be ideal for someone just starting out, its cheap (£40) and powerful. It would be very useful to have with you in the car just to jump out and have a quick shine. Ideal for road-siding etc... ...if only they got the beam to tighten this lamp would be as good as anything else for short trips out.

Good hunting...JD

my first lamp was one of them and the battery life was 30-40mins of continouse use, but it took about 10-12hrs to charge, personnally i thought it was abit top heavy and awkward.