Got some bob wires of john b so i made a start on my pigeon trap today only took one pic but when its finished it will be a pigeon trap with a difference i will post some pics when its finished and i can get some feedback on my idea.

Thanks for the bob wires John.

post-2720-1208099869_thumb.jpg

Made a good job of that mate. I do believe that the ones with a bit more height work better than the ones that are just the height of the bobwires.

Glad you're happy with the bobs :yes: Still have some available is anyone wants any. Please see this thread

Each to there own of course.......but i have to disagree on the height of the cage scenario. My feral pigeon cage is only 300 mm (1ft) high and i think it works better for several reasons. Firstly, with the greater height on the bob-wires there is too much "give" in them and i have known ferals push the wires apart enough to squeeze through and escape.Secondly, the trapped birds cannot fly about inside and spook incomming birds from the trap, the birds can only walk about which looks quite natural as if they are just feeding. But as i said........each to their own and if it works for you then thats all that matters.

The cage in the picture has had held up to 40 pigeons at a time......and the two doors at the top makes it easy to remove the trapped birds as the restricted height makes them simple to catch.

Rolfe.

post-12022-1208169880.jpg