nisan navara pick up

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twill be popping thee debloons on a aventuras in thee next month :notworthy::notworthy: , in of deed a pretty pretty mobile and thee men in black dont bosh thee asse .......!!!!!!

Beware thee men in black (tax man ) :icon_eek::icon_eek: , mmmmmmmm more sneeky than a muslim bomber on speed ......... :tongue2::tongue2:

Ive had my lump 2yr's now and it's never missed a beat.. it's ok off road nice to drive (smooth and quiet) when you get going which is good as i do a lot of mile's and the best thing of all the fuel gauge hardly seem's to move.. :thumbs: ..

Millet

I drive mine like an old fart Millet, driving at 50mph on long journey and ge around 31mpg, thinking of converting the running it on veggie oil, I can get a conversion kit for a round £550, should save me in the long run as I'm chucking £70 a week minimum at the moment................

£55 /£60 a week for me mate.. im sure you can just fling veggie oil in with half a tank of diesel.. but dont qoute me on it mate on these newer vehicles..

Im tempted to give it a go but i dare not incase i feck the diesel pump up..

Millet

Spent a lot of time researching it Millet, best thing to do is put in a conversion kit, It uses your current tank to store veggie oil and a small 22lt tank that holds diesel in the back. You start it and run it for two minutes on diesel before flicking a swith and changing to veggie oil, you then switch it back to diesel before you turn the engine off. Cleaner for the engine, better fuel economy and better for the environment............

Very nice Spiderpig :victory:. at the moment I have a 02 Navara D22 but I fancy one of them D40's! apparantly they have a bit more grunt about them than the Model I have plus a few more refinements....

Jasper

£55 /£60 a week for me mate.. im sure you can just fling veggie oil in with half a tank of diesel.. but dont qoute me on it mate on these newer vehicles..

Im tempted to give it a go but i dare not incase i feck the diesel pump up..

Millet

my mates bein running his navara 2003 on a 50/50 mix straight into the tank for over a year now with no problems at all :victory:

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the d22(02-05) navara is definitely one to avoid.have a look at this http://www.4x4web.co.uk/forum/messages/18799.html I have a 52 plate and at 78000 miles it suffered the conrod failure like hundreds and hundreds of others due to an engine design fault. It was serviced religiously and not badly treated, the engine is the yd25tdi and is notorious for this and when the rod pops through the side to say hello it means its a new engine and you will be looking at £3000 fitted for a recon, if you can find one. Its a renault engine apparently and very badly designed as oil pressure and oil flow is poor leading to no 3 rod failing in a spectacular way. If you have a d22 and its done over 40000 miles it would be advisable to get rid of it. I wish I new about the problem before I got mine.

Josh