hancock lurchers

Guest BIG FRANK
just wondering how good they are, because i have seen a few advertisments in the country mans weekly, and just want to know if any of you have one or have seen one work. if you have any pictures post them on here and it would be great

i know somone with one and it works well hes on this site his name is worldhunters ..takes all whats needed just on the charlie ive been told...

but then on the other hand ive been told not to touch them as there not socelized at all and not very well looked after...

but ive never seen this for myself......

i think you make the dog not the mam and dad ..

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:big_boss: hi all i have just got apup from these kennels its was 8 months old when igot it the f*****g thing still wont come 2 me even though she has been here amonth and it wont stop barkin biggest waste off money do not bother with them

How come you bought an 8 month old pup?

Was it one that a previous owner had returned?

What the hell do you expect?

I'll assume you're not talking to me there Skycat :laugh:

Od course not Stabs! Sorry if it sounded like that! There: I've deleted the bit that made it sound like that.

No, I was talking to the bloke that was slating his pup for not coming near him: something not right at all there methinks. :thumbdown::whistling:

Guest smashygadge

after all said regarding hanncock lurchers theirs bad theirs good some socailised some not as far as that goes thats pretty much the same in the working dog running dogs life

many greyhound breeders are the same many lurcher keepers are the same.they buy a dog and dont give it no attenion until the age it is required.so if a guy is going to go out buy a dog of an age he thinks is ready to do a job surely the guy buying should have a bit of common about him as to what dog he is after.the problem is not one sided.i got my pup at 3 week old due to the mother having problems.and even from an early age like that its constant training and upkeep.i tink that some folk are expecting a little too much as regards the dogs roll and it takes 2 to make it work.not just hancock :thumbs:

Guest smashygadge
hi all i thought i was doing a good thing by this pup but obviously ishoud of known better 4 my self and the dog it seems the more itry with it the worse it gets ive had dogs 4 20 odd yrs and made a bad judgement this time 4 us both ithink

what seems to be the problem dickie you got a hancock wont do anything? :whistling:

Good reply, Skycat. I had no idea that they are being sold that old!

I adopted a pup that I suspect had been kenneled for 6 months of his life. It took ages for me to rehabilitate him. He didnt even know what grass was, and when the wind blew it scared him. :( Poor thing. It took alot of work to get him back to a normal dog. Those first few weeks of a dogs life are so critical to the dogs future.

Guest smashygadge
the reason igot this bitch was i took afreind there 2 get apup he came home with a8week old pup while we where there he showed us afew 5/8 month old pups which he said he gets suck with now n agen ifell 4 this 1 picked it up a week later shoud off known better caught in the moment iguess lesson learned

no me 2 i have also learnt that these dogs at the age their getting sold are no good

not at the age of 8 month and acting like 8 week old dosnt sound a very nice situation for the animal or the person purchasing one of them :thumbdown:

Guest smashygadge
good post skycat.

i reckon there are at least as many shite dog folk as there are shite dogs..

i was lucky enough to get a corker of a dog from there. young, confident, well put together and took all game. can't ask for more than that imo.

grand dog their liking that :thumbs:

just wondering how good they are, because i have seen a few advertisments in the country mans weekly, and just want to know if any of you have one or have seen one work. if you have any pictures post them on here and it would be great

white hancock lurcher bitch 3 years old mad as hatter when a puppy and turned into good ferreting and lamping dog lamp no complaints with my hancock bitch but take your time and have a look at as many crosses that suit your style of hunting

post-18207-1208723680_thumb.jpg

Edited by matt b