bews....

hello folks

i'v always wanted one of these bews ever since i first saw one in a book about 16yrs ago but until now i still havnt seen one in real life, i almost had one last year when someone had a litter but unfortunatly they got cat flu and died and in the second litter there where only silvers , i am well aware that colour has nothing to do with working abillity as i have a few different colours just now but i'v always liked these, does anyone know how to breed these ?

would a silver hob wich has a bew mum produce any if put over an albino for instance ??

Alright lads iv never heard of the word "bews" before could you enlighten me? ;) .D.

Short for Black Eyed White ferret

Your silver should moult out whiter and whiter each year nearly turning to a bew so would mating him to a albino then mating the young back to him not produce what your after ???

I bread two bew together last year and got 5 realy light silvers that would have moulted out to be bew and two pure bew with out a single black hair on them. whats wrong with breeding silver to silver

how can people belive there is such a thing as a black eyed white, then in the next sentance say, it was a silver but has moulted :wallbash:

in my eyes (and maybe Im wrong) a silver, is a silver, and will always be A SILVER, no matter what she moults to the following year, and the same can be said for a BEW

is the a scientific write up somewhere, that gives a description of the two different colours/markings, or is a BEW, purely a name/colour that has been made up over years of ferret keeping, my keepers, to describe their silvers that have moulted out????

this would be a reason, why BEW are so hard to come by, or breed, as maybe it dos'ent exist, untill a silver has been through a few moults, if thats the case, I have two black eye'd white jills in my court, but to me, they are silvers

look at it another way,

micheal jackson, he's been through some changes over the years, does everyone think he's now white

how can people belive there is such a thing as a black eyed white, then in the next sentance say, it was a silver but has moulted :wallbash:

in my eyes (and maybe Im wrong) a silver, is a silver, and will always be A SILVER, no matter what she moults to the following year, and the same can be said for a BEW

is the a scientific write up somewhere, that gives a description of the two different colours/markings, or is a BEW, purely a name/colour that has been made up over years of ferret keeping, my keepers, to describe their silvers that have moulted out????

this would be a reason, why BEW are so hard to come by, or breed, as maybe it dos'ent exist, untill a silver has been through a few moults, if thats the case, I have two black eye'd white jills in my court, but to me, they are silvers

look at it another way,

micheal jackson, he's been through some changes over the years, does everyone think he's now white

I know what you mean but each to there own because if you saw a stoat in a cold area in winter what would you call it?

As for wacko jacko :wacko: :crazy: :bad::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: .D.