Finally bought a 110 and am in love.

After many many years of wanting a landy I have finally bought a 1990 110.

It has had a 200tdi put in with an R380 box and is in fantastic condition. Chassis is solid and well looked after. Previous owner had a log book of everything he did to it and when. Oils changed every 3k, chassis done once a year. Good motor.

So far I have fixed a few niggles, difflock level wasn't connected to the selector arm (it really hasn't been offroad!) and rear window demister wasn't working because the voltage sensitive switch had failed (bypassed it with a lead to earth). Apart from that it is fine.

Next stage is to bin those awful bling alloy wheels and tyres. The GG AT's are rubbish and I really need some serious mud tyres as we have had 'issues' everytime we have been out. Ok, the fields were like lakes and the soil is heavy clay but even so, the treads fill up and I go nowhere.

You can see more pictures on my web site

regards,

/Mad

2008-03-30-Fun_in_the_mud.jpg

nice looking landy mate...not being a picky twat....if its got a 200 tdi it will have a lt77 gearbox (reverse gear up by 1st gear) if its a 300 tdi it'll av an r380 box (reverse down by 4th gear) the bell housings are diferant between the 200 and 300 tdi...they can of been swapped round but its unlikely....dont even know why iv written this post..nice landy though :victory::victory::victory:

nice looking landy mate...not being a picky twat....if its got a 200 tdi it will have a lt77 gearbox (reverse gear up by 1st gear) if its a 300 tdi it'll av an r380 box (reverse down by 4th gear) the bell housings are diferant between the 200 and 300 tdi...they can of been swapped round but its unlikely....dont even know why iv written this post..nice landy though :victory::victory::victory:

Hey, your not being picky, just passing on your knowledge about landys! It is the only way i have learnt what little I know, by listening to others.

But, it is definately an R380 as reverse is down and right. And a 200tdi, albeit with a 300 airbox (or so I have been told).

See:

2008-03-10-200Tdi_with_300Tdi_airbox.jpg

and

2008-03-14-Gear_and_difflock_sticks.jpg

mad

your right mate :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek: iv owned a landy garage for six years now and iv only ever seen one before,and i built it...wouldnt be bothered both arnt bad gearbox's.....200tdi is a nice old lump.......learn somthing every day :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Excellent mad cowz, can't beat them got a 90 at the minute, could be tempted with a 110 pickup later on down the line :D ... I've got the BF Muds on mine, when I first got it, the original tyres were on it, think they were general grabber tr's, but to be honest there not much difference with the muds, comfort wise, but offroad, never been stuck yet its like a quad :D

It's the BF Muds on steel rims I'm looking at. These Grabbers just fill up with mud within seconds leaving me with slicks.

Was thinking of going with 255/85 as a good compromise between width and height. Bleeding expensive though.

/Mad