New Night Vision Scope

Today I picked up my x6 magnification SM-3S26 HyperGen this morning ... absolutely delighted. After my previous experiences with a Yukon NVRS and Cobra Merlin, boy is this one huge leap forward. I also bought a set of Leupold QR mounts to hot swap from the NV sight to the Bushnell Elite. Suddenly the bunny population in Berkshire is about to be seriously recalibrated.

For the geeks: 60lp/mm ... FOM: 1,600

post-15599-1206809807_thumb.jpg

Edited by C3PO

Today I picked up my x6 magnification SM-3S26 HyperGen this morning ... absolutely delighted. After my previous experiences with a Yukon NVRS and Cobra Merlin, boy is this one huge leap forward. I also bought a set of Leupold QR mounts to hot swap from the NV sight to the Bushnell Elite. Suddenly the bunny population in Berkshire is about to be seriously recalibrated.

For the geeks: 60lp/mm ... FOM: 1,600

h what you pay for it if you dont mind me asking

A bit over £2k.
got mate who sells envis monoculars that have 72 lp new for £1500 from usa can use on gun or headset but your looks nice

If it's USA Gen 3 I wonder what the export regulations say about it ... yes this scope is great and it has a fast F1.5 lens to boost its capabilities. Looking forward to putting it to really good use.

A bit over £2k.
got mate who sells envis monoculars that have 72 lp new for £1500 from usa can use on gun or headset but your looks nice

If it's USA Gen 3 I wonder what the export regulations say about it ... yes this scope is great and it has a fast F1.5 lens to boost its capabilities. Looking forward to putting it to really good use.

yes you need export licence to get them but my mate got one

Over the next week or so I'll do a full review. But briefly:

Pros:

-- Extraordinary performance over both Gen 1+ dedicated and Gen 1+ NV units (seeing is believing)

-- No "fisheye" image ... pencil sharp

-- Just 20mW of IR LED illumination needed to view rabbits at 300 yards

-- Solid build, fast lens for excellent light gathering

-- Instant on / off of tube with varying illuminated reticle

-- Brand new tube rated to 4,000 hours of maximum performance use

Cons:

-- A heavy unit when you compare to a typical day scope, needs getting used to

-- Depth of field is small so you need to be prepared to re-adjust the focus for different ranges

Edited by C3PO