"Celtic"pattern on a tree

Oh i like that . well done :)

Thanks.I'll have to get a tripod,learn how to use the timer (took me thirty years to half understand my manual Pentax K1000 .) and have another go.Mind you I'll have to find the tree again.Thanks for the encouragement.Cheers. :thumbs:

Thanks.I'll have to get a tripod,learn how to use the timer (took me thirty years to half understand my manual Pentax K1000 .) and have another go.Mind you I'll have to find the tree again.Thanks for the encouragement.Cheers. :thumbs:

Probably a daft question . has that been done naturally or by a person do you think ? its lovely i could use that sort of thing as a background for card making , the pattern i mean :laugh:

Probably a daft question . has that been done naturally or by a person do you think ? its lovely i could use that sort of thing as a background for card making , the pattern i mean :laugh:

It's natural but I was up close .If you zoom in /enlage it does look like some Viking on a mushroom break got bored though. Right I'm a bit of a Milman on the computer but this should be a picture of the tree itself.

post-13773-1206472036_thumb.jpg

Edited by comanche
I never seace to be amazed at nature & what it creates :thumbs:

I 'm glad I took the two pictures now.To be honest I homed in on it because I wanted to try to get a picture of the dog jumping through the "V" of the tree.Then I saw the patterns .Really glad you appreciate them too :thumbs:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Oh jesus! That Is amazing! Handy ye got close enough to spot that one in the first place. Not something one really goes looking for, is it?

Now; What camera ye using, mate? Only I have my (second) beloved and trusty little Sony DSC-T3 surgically attached to my belt. That has Macro. But it also has Magnify. I like to shoot moths with it, amongst other fidgety subjects. And I've long since completely abandoned the Macro setting I actually bought it for and now shoot simply by tweaking the Mag.

I guess what I'm really asking then is; Have ye got Mag on that one and, if so, have ye tried it in comparison to Mac?

Just chuck a fiver down and try getting the best shots of that. Keep ye harmlessly occupied for a bit.

I 'm glad I took the two pictures now.To be honest I homed in on it because I wanted to try to get a picture of the dog jumping through the "V" of the tree.Then I saw the patterns .Really glad you appreciate them too :thumbs:

Right up my street anything like this , next question is i wonder what created it, some kind of insect or i wonder if its just the way its grown :thumbs:

I have allsorts of strange ideas buzzing round my head, fairytail stuff really :laugh: but i cant help imagining spells & fairys for some reason :laugh:

Oh jesus! That Is amazing! Handy ye got close enough to spot that one in the first place. Not something one really goes looking for, is it?

Now; What camera ye using, mate? Only I have my (second) beloved and trusty little Sony DSC-T3 surgically attached to my belt. That has Macro. But it also has Magnify. I like to shoot moths with it, amongst other fidgety subjects. And I've long since completely abandoned the Macro setting I actually bought it for and now shoot simply by tweaking the Mag.

I guess what I'm really asking then is; Have ye got Mag on that one and, if so, have ye tried it in comparison to Mac?

Just chuck a fiver down and try getting the best shots of that. Keep ye harmlessly occupied for a bit.

Hello. It's a Pentax S 10.(£119) Girl in the shop said it was easy to use and so far so good. Three times optical zoom but then it goes bigger digitally. Two macro settings. Don't know about mag.I only bought it Saturday.I'll read the book .Really good manual-all in English ,one function per page. Had'nt realised how far cameras had come.I'd been clinging to my old K1000 thinking that these little pocket digital devices were little more than the old "instamatics". Thanks for the fiver tip .Guess what I'll be doing later?. Also as I said to Kay thanks for the encouraging words. :thumbs: Edited by comanche

Right up my street anything like this , next question is i wonder what created it, some kind of insect or i wonder if its just the way its grown :thumbs:

I have allsorts of strange ideas buzzing round my head, fairytail stuff really :laugh: but i cant help imagining spells & fairys for some reason :laugh:

Thank God for that! :clapper: . I'm a relativly normal chap(Ok normal in my own mind) approaching the big 5O and I really had -as I focused the camera- an image of Hieoronymus Bosch type gnomic figures at work with tiny adzes.There /s something quite "pagan " about it. :thumbs:

Thank God for that! :clapper: . I'm a relativly normal chap(Ok normal in my own mind) approaching the big 5O and I really had -as I focused the camera- an image of Hieoronymus Bosch type gnomic figures at work with tiny adzes.There /s something quite "pagan " about it. :thumbs:

Well thats what i thought or would love to believe created something so beautifull :laugh:

Well thats what i thought or would love to believe created something so beautifull :laugh:

That's settled then. Ancient wood spirits or stoned Vikings. Kay you are welcome to do what you like with the picture if you really want to make a card or something .Strange the enclosed picture was what i was after but it's boring compared with the one spotted by chance.Or maybe I was drawn to it by the gnomes? :thumbs:

post-13773-1206481775_thumb.jpg

Edited by comanche