Introducing Myself!

Hello and Happy Easter to you all!

My name is John and I am returning to shooting after a break of 20 years or so!

I used to do a lot of rough shooting down in Hampshire before career pressures took over but I kept renewing my shotgun certificate in anticipation of one day getting back into the sport.

I was invited out roost shooting pigeons the other weekend and have realised how much I have been missing the scene. I was embarassingly rusty in my shooting but thoroughly enjoyed scaring every pigeon that came near!

I think I am going to try an O/U gun - have always shot S/S before - and whilst it now looks like I'm going to have to re-learn how to shoot properly, I may as well learn to use a different gun. I was never a crackshot but think I will take a few lessons this time!

I am looking at buying a second-hand Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon 12g, probably fixed chokes 1/4 and 1/2 - basic model. Anyone got an opinion on this gun?

Look forward to checking out this forum and making some new cyber friends!!

Cheers,

John.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

It looks like I will feel very much at home here and I look forward to be able to make a contribution to the collective knowledge!

In the meantime, I am still looking for some help on selecting a new (second-hand!) O/U shotgun - the Beretta I was looking to buy has now gone for more than I could afford but I have tried out a Rizzini - will check out the appropriate forum section and see if there are any opinions on these guns!

Once again, cheers for the friendly welcome!

John.

welcome john, Have a look at the franchi harrier(franchi owned by beretta) got mine for 650 (new) with 3 year GMK warranty. I got the 12g 28inch o/u game model and i am over the moon with it. If you ever have a problem with it, it'l be the same gunsmith working on it that would also be working on your 3500k beretta! :secret:

welcome john, Have a look at the franchi harrier(franchi owned by beretta) got mine for 650 (new) with 3 year GMK warranty. I got the 12g 28inch o/u game model and i am over the moon with it. If you ever have a problem with it, it'l be the same gunsmith working on it that would also be working on your 3500k beretta! :secret:

The guy in the shop mentioned franchi but he didn't tell me they were part of the Beretta empire - I will have a look at the Harrier - thanks for that !

cheers,

John.

You do a little bit.Oh well some people are just a bit strange i guess.I checked out your topic on rizzini shotguns.Your best bet would to go for a bettinsoli as you can get a brand new one for about £600.

Look at the bettonsoil dimond x

Thanks for your help on the other thread Wingshooter!

I understand that a troll formerly known as 'guevara' seems to have relaunched himself and latched onto me, but I don't think I'm the least bit strange!

thanks anyway!

Cheers,

John.

no probs.Have you tried looking at all the differnt brands on gun trader.

PS

Welcome lol

Yeah, have searched through - it's a bloody good site too!

Have fired off a couple of e-mail enquiries for Beretta 686's - see if they are still available!

cheers,

john.