How long does it take to train a lurcher.

Guest greengrass123

Guest greengrass123

Amazing how many hours you can spend training a lurcher or any other working dog. Yet some people will only travel an hours drive to buy a new dog, doesnt add up what do you think. :no:

Edited by greengrass123

it never has for me iether joe , if ya want it bad enough, you do what it takes to get it. i had to travel to greenock near glasgow to get TARA baring in mind i live in the east midlands.

also travel to cumbria to get a bitch lined. it makes me laff these folk that wont travel, for sommat they want. cant want it that bad :no:

Amazing how many hours you can spend training a lurcher or any other working dog. Yet some people will only travel only an hours drive to buy a new dog, doesnt add up what do you think. :no:

ive always thought trained lurchers should be priced as high if not higher than gun dogs. tell a shooting man that you have a fully trained gundog for £300 and he wouldnt even bother to turn up. but time and time again you here of people going to buy trained lurchers for £100, before everyone jumps on this of tales of well i bought my dog etc sometimes it does happen and somebody sells a decent dog ive sold a couple myself through circumstances but they dont come up as often as the adverts in the comics tell

Amazing how many hours you can spend training a lurcher or any other working dog. Yet some people will only travel only an hours drive to buy a new dog, doesnt add up what do you think. :no:

ive always thought trained lurchers should be priced as high if not higher than gun dogs. tell a shooting man that you have a fully trained gundog for £300 and he wouldnt even bother to turn up. but time and time again you here of people going to buy trained lurchers for £100, before everyone jumps on this of tales of well i bought my dog etc sometimes it does happen and somebody sells a decent dog ive sold a couple myself through circumstances but they dont come up as often as the adverts in the comics tell

forgot to add went to ireland to get a dog spent 3 days in the pub talking about it then the brotherinlaw talked him out of selling it :wallbash:

we would not have far to travel spoke to lads all over country and the best dogs come from north east

:laugh::laugh::laugh: i best get rid of my southern cur then and buy a dog from ooop norf :laugh::laugh::laugh: ... i have travelled accross to ireland to collect greyhounds i have bought rather than have them transported as i believe i can give them a far less traumatic ride back to my old mans kennels .... the distance wouldnt even come into it for the right dog or mating ... infact next season i am hoping to travell all over the country to hunt my bitch tegan on all terrain to test her fully .............

Traveling is no object but surely you want a dog/pup out of something with some known history and dogs you know. Saying that I recently done over a few hundred miles and brought a pup using my knowledge/instinct and no history but what a cracking bitch she is turning out to be. All depends on how much you want it.

we would not have far to travel spoke to lads all over country and the best dogs come from north east

:laugh::laugh::laugh: i best get rid of my southern cur then and buy a dog from ooop norf :laugh::laugh::laugh: ... i have travelled accross to ireland to collect greyhounds i have bought rather than have them transported as i believe i can give them a far less traumatic ride back to my old mans kennels .... the distance wouldnt even come into it for the right dog or mating ... infact next season i am hoping to travell all over the country to hunt my bitch tegan on all terrain to test her fully .............

your dead right us irish lads have the best of every thing ooooops :laugh::laugh::laugh::drink:

i dont mind a days travelling to go get a dog...youve got the thing for years so whats a day??? i didnt have to travel far at all for both of my lurchers they were 20 miles away well trained and free..guess i dropped lucky..both the lads i had my dogs off said they would rather have given the dogs to someone that would work them rather than sell them to a muppit that would of left them in there pens..there are still a few genuine dog men about....

i dont mind a days travelling to go get a dog...youve got the thing for years so whats a day??? i didnt have to travel far at all for both of my lurchers they were 20 miles away well trained and free..guess i dropped lucky..both the lads i had my dogs off said they would rather have given the dogs to someone that would work them rather than sell them to a muppit that would of left them in there pens..there are still a few genuine dog men about....

do i know them lads mush :laugh:

you have a habit of reading posts i reply too earthy.....im so pleased i didnt call you and dogga w*nkers...... :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

you have a habit of reading posts i reply too earthy.....im so pleased i didnt call you and dogga w*nkers...... :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

its doga with one g :laugh::laugh::laugh: how are bryn and sid doing