Devasted In Every Way

jasper65

Today is another bad day in my Falconry calendar, perhaps one of the darkest! I attended my sons cristmas play at 2pm with my wife who forgot to shut the out house door with the terriers in, I came home and could hear barking and bells and growling in the garden only to find 2 off the terriers tugging at the Gos on the bow, he was a long time dead by this time but them b*****ds new what they had done and shot for cover all over the garden, in my temper I pulled the shotgun out of the cabinet with one thing on my mind, it needed to be done with all three of them but with 2 kids and my wife screaming and crying behind me it was impossible.

I'm totally numb just writing this post, the whole house has been rocked by this not only by the death of my Gos but me loseing it totally, the kids are in shock, and the wife is crying her eyes out :no:, what the hell do I do...

Tony

gosdead1.jpg

gosdead.jpg

Guest scottywong

gutted for ya mate its a shitter!! rember we all make mistakes so dont blame no 1 if you can help it!!

as for loosing it !its what most would of done i think so dont beat your self up about it.

scotty

Many thanks for that.

The dog and the bitch are about 3-4 years old and I have left them out with the bird without a problem in the past, we kept a red pup back this year which is now 7 months old, it had a few attempts in the earley days at the birds but I hoped I had knocked it out of it, one of the dogs had killed a Rat in the garden a few days ago but the young pup seemed to be very possesive with it compared to the other's! do you think because its now killed something its blood lust was up? its a nightmare in this house at the moment with the kids in total shock after I totally lost it, what do I do with the dogs now! the kids love them but now I can't trust them.

Cheers

Tony

Many thanks for that.

The dog and the bitch are about 3-4 years old and I have left them out with the bird without a problem in the past, we kept a red pup back this year which is now 7 months old, it had a few attempts in the earley days at the birds but I hoped I had knocked it out of it, one of the dogs had killed a Rat in the garden a few days ago but the young pup seemed to be very possesive with it compared to the other's! do you think because its now killed something its blood lust was up? its a nightmare in this house at the moment with the kids in total shock after I totally lost it, what do I do with the dogs now! the kids love them but now I can't trust them.

Cheers

Tony

Gutted for you mate..... me grandfather always said, once a chicken killer always a chicken killer.... you'll never be able to trust them.

Very sorry about the bird, but it wasnt the dogs fault was it, they didnt leave the door open! dont take your temper out on them. See it as a dreadful accident, its what I think it was, as nasty as it is finding it, step forward now and maybe fence off your birds so should if the door should be left open again, your birds will be safe.

Dawn,

Many Thanks all for the replies! I'm not so upset as gutted and distraught knowing that it was human error that the dogs was allowed to kill it in the first place, I spoke to WAF on the phone tonight and I think he is right in saying the pup started the ball rolling which switched on the other two for a rag, its something I'll have to be a big boy about as alot of you mentioned and brush myself down and move forward, the only thing thats done me is the kids screaming at me while I ran amock to do the job with the shotgun! I'm just glad I never did it infront of them and completley did their heads in :no:.

its now a case of do I move some of the dogs off to pastures new or try and make some security to keep the dogs away from the birds, I hope you don't get me wrong as I love my dogs "Muttley" is very special to me brought in for me from Ireland by WAF, it would be a rench to let him go.

thanks again for the support which has been a big help

Cheers

Tony

PS HAWK i thankfully it was'nt blitz, it was "midget" the little finnish male.

Use "invisible fence" for dogs.$250.00 in Canada.

Many Thanks all for the replies! I'm not so upset as gutted and distraught knowing that it was human error that the dogs was allowed to kill it in the first place, I spoke to WAF on the phone tonight and I think he is right in saying the pup started the ball rolling which switched on the other two for a rag, its something I'll have to be a big boy about as alot of you mentioned and brush myself down and move forward, the only thing thats done me is the kids screaming at me while I ran amock to do the job with the shotgun! I'm just glad I never did it infront of them and completley did their heads in :no:.

its now a case of do I move some of the dogs off to pastures new or try and make some security to keep the dogs away from the birds, I hope you don't get me wrong as I love my dogs "Muttley" is very special to me brought in for me from Ireland by WAF, it would be a rench to let him go.

thanks again for the support which has been a big help

Cheers

Tony

PS  HAWK i  thankfully it was'nt blitz, it was "midget" the little finnish male.

Sorry to hear that Tony, it's a hazard with the terriers. Easier to mix gundogs with birds I'm sure.

The only positive way forward is to take it as a lesson learned and mark it down to experience.

Better luck next time,

Davy