whats a good music download source!

frostwire is better than limewire but its still got its problem,

using torrents is much safer unless

1. you use a torrent client that isn't bitcoment, utorrent or azerus, these are the only clients that use protocol encryption which means your isp doesnt know what your downloading and wont throttle your conection, utorrent is the best because most torrent users use this and dont allow other clients to connect which slows your download speeds down.

2.you use public trackers like the 2 already mentioned, piratebay and mininova instead of private trackers, this meansall the owner of the copyright has to do is have the torrent of the property rights they own and can see the i.p of every person who downloads it, there are programs like peerguardian that can stop a percentage of this but never fully stop it.

im really not keen on limewire, kazaa or any of those apps, my kids used them on their pc and they are so prone to viruses that i banned them after getting sick and tired of sorting their pc out. id recommend virus scanning anything u get from these apps

heres a decent site that uses rapidshare... lots of available music here esp for us oldies

http://warezqueens.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76

it uses rapidshare servers, only bad thing is if your not a member and u dload say 90mb you have to wait 90mins before you can get anything else

Does it not make sense to preform a quick scan of what ever you download before running it?? :doh:

You can change the settings on limewire pro to filter out the garbage and never show you again in the next search. Download the basic limewire, and for you first search - search limewire pro :whistling:

Music wise I think its one of the best.

For programs and movies and bigger files - try torrents. Azureus is simple for downloading torrents and there are hundreds of torrent sites available.

For complete peace of mind you could use newsgroups. A bit more complicated but security is second to non. It does what it says on the tin!! :toast:

• 2 weeks later...