Can women be the same as men?

You don't mess with a maple leaf girl!! :clapper:

I'm a canuks man myself :feck: no ive never been, but would kill for a double double and some honey cruller tim bits.

I shall ignore the canuks remark, for your safety.

And if you've never been then how do you know about double double's and honey crullers?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my lamping partner is a young lass and she is very dedicated, and she,ll put most of the cyber hunters on here to shame as regards to what she,s done with her dogs this season, small or big quarry,all i can say is keep hunting girls, the more people coming into fieldsports the better male or female,cheers hairyface

ye i know a few canuks or canadians got family in montreal, freinds just over the border of canada who run dogs , there all scottish irish and pretty damn mad , some hunt but they are not dog men , used to love when we went icing out maple syrup panckackes done alot of fishing and had ahand gun and a 22 rifle when i was over there had some fun killing groundhogs and a few raccoons a few yrs ago now i maybbe head to alaska next summer and fish for a few weeks , or vancouver al the best had agreat time in canada good people

when we went to these log cabins in the hills what were they called lurcher girl , you got all sorts of food and they had horses a few quads , we had alog cabin along the st lawrence river saw beaver and met a few french canaidan beaver too ahah , the fishing was better than the hunting so was the nite life partying and getting up to alsorts , caught several ground hogs and shot a few raccoons , with 22 and spotlight in the suburbs french canaidans some were ignorant to english speoken people but they soon got the drift as i donrt beat about the bush , they all wanted for me to learn french mon cherie etc i should have learnt but well head was busy else were , got some good pics of canada all the best

when we went to these log cabins in the hills what were they called lurcher girl , you got all sorts of food and they had horses a few quads , we had alog cabin along the st lawrence river saw beaver and met a few french canaidan beaver too ahah , the fishing was better than the hunting so was the nite life partying and getting up to alsorts , caught several ground hogs and shot a few raccoons , with 22 and spotlight in the suburbs french canaidans some were ignorant to english speoken people but they soon got the drift as i donrt beat about the bush , they all wanted for me to learn french mon cherie etc i should have learnt but well head was busy else were , got some good pics of canada all the best

Canadian beaver is the best to be had :clapper: You really can't beat a holiday in Canada imo, if it's a city break or a hunting trip. Before i left I was hoping to take a trip way up north in Ontario: you get flown out to a cabin on the edge of a boreal forest, nowt more than the bare necessities, a radio, boat etc., and nobody else around - you can get up to all sorts ;) Never came together but I'll do it someday.

French Canadians are a bit of a handful, what with their language police and snotty attitudes about English speaking people. Still in all, Canadians are top folks.

I dont know about better hunters, but i think they might be better dog trainers. The ones ive met

seem to have more patience , than us blokes :hmm:

BIRD :)

:thumbs:

Women hunters?

:laugh:

THAT was funny :laugh::laugh:

Aw cheers Scent :icon_redface: The rough coat was Griff, the one I lost in January :cry: The other handsome lad isn't mine. He was tied up in a back garden for most of his life before a lad got him off some bloke and brought him round to me. He was a fine looking dog, but very nervous. Got him into a great rescue down in Stoke till he got a home :thumbs: I've got a Grey and a new pup now.

Edited to add in regards to Bird's post: I do find training dogs to be something that comes naturally to me. I love their company, and the relationships I've had with my dogs have enriched my life.

Guest little lurcher

thought i was going to flip at some of the replies but lads you havent been too bad at all :thumbs:

as a woman , im still feminine however i work my dogs and work them hard :thumbs: im not shy to get my hands dirty in the general activities of the hunting field, i work my dogs pre ban on all quarry except fox , fox wasnt done simply as i felt i wasnt experienced enough to do that solo? i lamp , daytime hunt and now ferret, dad has always had terriers so also ratted , my main passion was hare coursing :thumbs: however due to the male influence in my family and being a girl i was never taken seriously so i had to work harder and after many years yes i finally have beed accepted as a good dog person in the families eyes, what anyone else thinks i dont care about ;)

as long as i can still work my dogs and do what i want then i really dont worry about male female divide? i am a woman , i do like make up and nails painted but im happiest in my camos with the dogs :thumbs:

im not a feminist at all , i believe women should be women and men be men, the greatest job i can do is be a good mother, but i like to stand side by side with my fellow hunters male or female? im very soft with my dogs and care for them deeply , although i will pts anything that is suffering in any way i will not pander to the "oh just see how it goes", i am also harsh with bad behaviours unless it is my fault, i think ive proved myself with an ex non ped racing bitch , what we have caught in the short time i am extremely proud of :thumbs:

so women why would you want to be a man ? respected as a dog person yes but why try to equal , we are not equal , we all have our positives and negatives? its good to be different too :thumbs: i couldnt possibly try to carry a deer at 8 st 5ft 3 vs a man of 16st and 6ft tall!!!! but sure could run like feck to help dispatch :tongue2:

oh and i can skin deer , hare and rabbit quicker than my bro!!!!!! :boogie::tongue2::clapper:

Aw cheers Scent :icon_redface: The rough coat was Griff, the one I lost in January :cry: The other handsome lad isn't mine. He was tied up in a back garden for most of his life before a lad got him off some bloke and brought him round to me. He was a fine looking dog, but very nervous. Got him into a rescue down in Stoke till he got a home :thumbs: I've got a Grey and a new pup now.

i bet your a big softy when it comes to dogs bit hey arent we all :yes:

Well I don't know if I'm a softy ... I'm firm and fair with my dogs. I love them for what they are, faults and all. They know I'm the boss tho :yes:

so women why would you want to be a man ? respected as a dog person yes but why try to equal , we are not equal , we all have our positives and negatives? its good to be different too :thumbs: i couldnt possibly try to carry a deer at 8 st 5ft 3 vs a man of 16st and 6ft tall!!!! but sure could run like feck to help dispatch :tongue2:

oh and i can skin deer , hare and rabbit quicker than my bro!!!!!! :boogie::tongue2::clapper:

So you can pee up a wall/over the toilet seat when you've had a skinfull............ ? :whistling:

thought i was going to flip at some of the replies but lads you havent been too bad at all :thumbs:

as a woman , im still feminine however i work my dogs and work them hard :thumbs: im not shy to get my hands dirty in the general activities of the hunting field, i work my dogs pre ban on all quarry except fox , fox wasnt done simply as i felt i wasnt experienced enough to do that solo? i lamp , daytime hunt and now ferret, dad has always had terriers so also ratted , my main passion was hare coursing :thumbs: however due to the male influence in my family and being a girl i was never taken seriously so i had to work harder and after many years yes i finally have beed accepted as a good dog person in the families eyes, what anyone else thinks i dont care about ;)

as long as i can still work my dogs and do what i want then i really dont worry about male female divide? i am a woman , i do like make up and nails painted but im happiest in my camos with the dogs :thumbs:

im not a feminist at all , i believe women should be women and men be men, the greatest job i can do is be a good mother, but i like to stand side by side with my fellow hunters male or female? im very soft with my dogs and care for them deeply , although i will pts anything that is suffering in any way i will not pander to the "oh just see how it goes", i am also harsh with bad behaviours unless it is my fault, i think ive proved myself with an ex non ped racing bitch , what we have caught in the short time i am extremely proud of :thumbs:

Blimey the last thing I'd want would to be a man :icon_eek: The same as you: I like to look nice, but I'm happy to get my hands dirty and being out with my dogs makes me really happy.

Wish you lived closer to me!

Guest little lurcher

So you can pee up a wall/over the toilet seat when you've had a skinfull............ ? :whistling:

arrrrrrrrr we just squat!!! :tongue2: i do recall 1 night lamping with the novice bitch, looking for sqatters for some easy runs and the shout went up for a squatter id disappeared and he found another squatter :icon_redface:

Im a female hunter, most males don't beleive me until i show the pics or go out lamping with them. A couple of members on here have been out with me and have been gobsmacked. I like to look good etc but out lamping with the dogs is the best thing, getting muddy and not caring. I also carried deer home on my shoulders and will skin it all and eat it!