Plummer terriers

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

..mmmmm well done !    You mentioned you "I actually had one myself" I presume this was red as my records say you only had red born 96 ..or did you re-invest?     Lol Glenn you love all this do

Thought you might be interested in this Jack, if you enjoyed the book,   This is a son of Omega's, a dog called Blue, he died in 1996 but was about 4 yrs old in this pic  

thanks.

Posted Images

Nothing is classed as pure unless bred 'distinct type' to 'distinct type' for 8 generations & even then your gonna get throw backs now & again.

A woman near us bought a bitch which she was told was a Jack Russell, she took it to a show at a year old & was told it was a Plummer! :11: anyway its not all there in the head, it can be nice one minute & take your arm off the next, they do work her & had her mated to one of our russells, she tried to kill the pups when they were born so the woman hand reared 4 of them, she kept a male who is now in his 2nd season of work & its doing well, hes calmer dog than his mother though but he looks like a russell, the 3 bitches looked like plummers, to the untrained eye i guess they could have been passed off to anyone as 'plummers'.

Hope you are well thursojack ;)

To be honest I applaude you on this one nuv, I agree but have never checked that the database dates dont add up, I have questioned the PTA database time and time again, wondered for a start how one dog bred in one kennels ended up either with someone elses other prefix or suffix tagged on somewhere or other - how confusing, and thats only the names!! not to mention the numbers and dates of birth, but thats the PTA ( I notice all the dogs now are getting their right prefix allocated to them- well donr but time to drop the affix dont you think). As for KC, who is getting a hearing before the Kennel Club in March 2006???!!! the PTA ! this application is NOT backed by the PTCGB , indeed it will be lodging a legal objection.

Back to the database, I am only interested in the dogs since new blood was added in 1998, history prior to that wouldnt make any difference whatsoever - it just made someone think they were big and clever for a time.

To be honest I applaude you on this one nuv, I agree but have never checked that the database dates dont add up, I have questioned the PTA database time and time again, wondered for a start how one dog bred in one kennels ended up either with someone elses other prefix or suffix tagged on somewhere or other - how confusing, and thats only the names!! not to mention the numbers and dates of birth, but thats the PTA ( I notice all the dogs now are getting their right prefix allocated to them- well donr but time to drop the affix dont you think). As for KC, who is getting a hearing before the Kennel Club in March 2006???!!! the PTA ! this application is NOT backed by the PTCGB , indeed it will be lodging a legal objection.

Back to the database, I am only interested in the dogs since new blood was added in 1998, history prior to that wouldnt make any difference whatsoever - it just made someone think they were  big and clever for a time.

Back to the database, I am only interested in the dogs since new blood was added in 1998, history prior to that wouldnt make any difference whatsoever - it just made someone think they were  big and clever for a time.

"PLUMMERS"...Been there,done it and will never do it again!!!!!!

Tim...whether it's the fighting between the two clubs that makes the owners so defensive I don't know...I understand the Parson/Jack clubs have been in a similar position...mine's better than yours etc.

It confuses me...which is the real Plummer..PTA or PTCGB..? Or are they all?

My own view is that they are not taken seriously as a foxing dog...but for ratting etc they are supposed to be second to none...not my thing. It also seems that showing seems to have taken over from working and the name Plummer=big bucks.

Still, at least generations of workers aren't being diluted like rabitting lakelands etc.

Guest grubygrafter

we bred a bitch JR. to a dog called wizard. in ayrshire. he was out of Warlock. and owned by an old lady.the bitch pup we kept was the hardest little bitch i ever seen. to hard for a 10 inch terrier. :11: . little fecker had a death wish

we bred a bitch JR. to a dog called wizard. in ayrshire. he was out of Warlock. and owned by an old lady.the bitch pup we kept was the hardest little bitch i ever seen. to hard for a 10 inch terrier. :11: . little fecker had a death wish

That aggressive dog, Blue, was mated to a useless bitch bred by Kevin Allen (now terrierman at the Bicester and a bigwig Parson man). I cannot remember what happened to the rest of the litter but my mate (the half caste seen in a few pics I put up) had a bitch pup, the one in the pic (the only one known). A chance mating but if the bitch in the pic was an example, they must have all been excellent.

She self entered to very strong quarry at seven months, slipping the leash while we were digging further along the bank.

Chaos ensued..we were digging one end and digging the other, some 20 feet apart I suppose. This was in a country park near where I live, which backed onto a private mansion (obviously not that near), the occupiers of which asked us to clear foxes from their massive garden. We ACCIDENTALLY :angel: strayed into the park which backed onto their property and found ourselves in that situation. Our arseholes were making more noise than the terriers...

Anyway, we gave the pup priority cos of her age..she bottled up two items of quarry - albeit shallow (it was a man made shitty peaty bank) and drew the two and released them and off they scuttled. The thing was, there's a bridlepath right next to where we were and some horsey bird pulled up and asked what was going on...god, we shat ourselves...luckily enough we had a route out through the garden so plod et al never found us :ph34r: ...a close one... :icon_eek:

Anyway, I digress...the bitch died to Parvo when it was like an relentless black plague to which no one had any idea to beat; it subsequently killed virtually ever working and game dog in my area, except my border who was lucky enough to die working an earth about three weeks earlier...

Ironic really the first Plummer terrier and the one that formed my opinion of them, sired potentially one of the best working terriers I have seen...

It's a funny old game...

:(

Good bit of info there.. :good: ....but also shit and saddening.. :( .

What could of been..

Millet

I tell you mate..if that bitch survived then she would have done much for Plummers around this neck of the woods...but I aint got a clue what is or isn't a Plummer nowadays - old style, new style, PTA, PTCGB, and frankly don't care...there's tried and tested breed that act and do exactly what I require...no time to mess with 'new breeds'.

What does make me laugh is Plummer being banned from a Plummer terrier club :11: :11: :11: how farcical is that...mind you, it does seem that the warring factions are interested in show/kc registration.

So Keeps...Blue died in 1996 aged 21 - my god that's a good age for a terrier that works...therefore born 1975.

As I said before I put the picture of Blue up to show Thurso Jack who was interested in Omega. Blue was 21 years old when died in 1996 and as previously stated he was 4 years old in that picture. Are you having problems reading? and where did I say Omega was a dog?

What year was Omega born?

Tim...whether it's the fighting between the two clubs that makes the owners so defensive I don't know...I understand the Parson/Jack clubs have been in a similar position...mine's better than yours etc.

It confuses me...which is the real Plummer..PTA or PTCGB..? Or are they all?

My own view is that they are not taken seriously as a foxing dog...but for ratting etc they are supposed to be second to none...not my thing. It also seems that showing seems to have taken over from working and the name Plummer=big bucks.

Still, at least generations of workers aren't being diluted like rabitting lakelands etc.

You will find its the PTA who are on the defensive all the time, they wont let PTCGB registered dogs be shown at their shows, yet they(the PTA) attend PTCGB shows and are made welcome.

All the dogs are the same if they are registered then its fine, why shouldnt it be? the PTCGB database is based on the PTA one, and so it must be true and honest - dont you think :whistle: The main thing is the size!! the PTA in their 2005 yearbook openly state they are having problems getting the size down, so lie on their site about the true size of their stud dogs - is this honest? , its all about being open and honest when trying to get a breed back to standard, and co operation.

As for working them, well theres them who do, them who say they do ,them who would like to and them that just arent bothered. I have great respect for them who do!! and none for them who pretend, and believe me there are loads who say they do ........................... ;)