SHOTGUN APPLICATION HELP

HI DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW FAR BACK THE POLICE WILL LOOK AT YOU CRIMINAL RECORD WHILST APPLING FOR A SHOT GUN LICENCE SOME ONE TOLD ME 10 YEARS AND ANOTHER TOLD ME 5 YEARS, ALSO WHERE CAN I FIND OUT ON CHECKING MY RECORD AS I WAS A NAUHTY BOY A GOOD FEW YEARS AGO ANY INFO WOULD BE A GREAT HELP THANKS IN ADVANCE

ANTHONY

:thumbs:

Hi there, I'm not totally sure how far they chech although Iwas under the ionpression it was 10 years, sure someone here will know for sure. What matters more is the nature of the offence and the conviction; if it was a firearms offence and you were convicted (in a caution) they you will be banned for life from owning a firearm.

If you want tome reall advise, give the firearms dept at BASC a ring and they should answer your question. If you want to check your record for yourself, you can apply for a CRB check, do a google search; think they areabout £15.

HI DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW FAR BACK THE POLICE WILL LOOK AT YOU CRIMINAL RECORD WHILST APPLING FOR A SHOT GUN LICENCE SOME ONE TOLD ME 10 YEARS AND ANOTHER TOLD ME 5 YEARS, ALSO WHERE CAN I FIND OUT ON CHECKING MY RECORD AS I WAS A NAUHTY BOY A GOOD FEW YEARS AGO ANY INFO WOULD BE A GREAT HELP THANKS IN ADVANCE

ANTHONY

:thumbs:

it goes as far back to you were in trouble so it could be 20 even 30 years so you are better to tell them everything dont try to hide it they will know trust me been there

You must tell them everything.

I was not a saint in my younger years.

Even things I had done 18 years ago turned up on the police search.

But do not be put off, my fac sailed through with no problems because since then i have been a good citizen.

You can all but try.

:)

:thumbs: THANKS FOR THE REPLYS BEEN IN TOUCH WITH MY LOCAL POLICE AND THIER SENDING AN APPLICATION OUT IN THE POST, I HAVE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH DATA PROTECTION TEAM WITH THE POLICE FOR A COPY OF MY CRIMINAL RECORD FOR £10 WHICH I FOUN TO BE CHEAP, HOPE IT GOES WELL I WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED THANKS AGAIN

ATNTHONY :drink:

Good luck. It would look better if you were to "come clean" to your fao. If you dont tell about something that happened a while ago i would think he would know anyway, surely you would look more trustworthy were you to hold your hands up and explain the past was exactly that.

:thumbs: THANKS FOR THE REPLYS BEEN IN TOUCH WITH MY LOCAL POLICE AND THIER SENDING AN APPLICATION OUT IN THE POST, I HAVE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH DATA PROTECTION TEAM WITH THE POLICE FOR A COPY OF MY CRIMINAL RECORD FOR £10 WHICH I FOUN TO BE CHEAP, HOPE IT GOES WELL I WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED THANKS AGAIN

ATNTHONY :drink:

a criminal record is for life not just for xmas mate been in same position myself and got mine :toast: why not put in for both shot gun and fac its only one price 50 quid its a think when i got mine 50 for sg and 50 for fac :thumbs: good look

I got charged with posession of explosives when I was 18 :doh: . I'm 27 today and have had my FAC for 4 months. You can get on ok, but it depends on the situation. My charge was pretty serious, but I've only ever been in trouble once and I was very honest about it at the time rather than giving them the run around. All you can do is ask. Unless you were violent or a repeat offender you should be ok after 5 years of being a good boy :thumbs:

Edited to say tell them everything, because trust me they know it! I've known people in their 40's get told they got caught stealing sweets when they were kids. They don't like being lied to.

Edited by njc110381

I got charged with posession of explosives when I was 18 :doh: . I'm 27 today and have had my FAC for 4 months.

feck me charged posession of explosives and they give you a fac after 8/9 years

you were either very lucky or know some one

i had 2 convictions in the 70"s at the football fined £40 on each one 20 years later they still would"nt give me a s/g license

if i wasnt in ireland i still wouldnt have one

hope you have more luck than i had titchy :thumbs::thumbs:

I got charged with posession of explosives when I was 18

home loading will be a breeze then. :whistling:

Trust you to comment :laugh:

It wasn't as bad as it sounds (although the more I say the worse it seems)! I made a home made device and set it off in a large hotel garden. It was a long way away from where anyone would be and was just a good out of the way place for a bit of testing. I really didn't expect it to go off like it did. It made a real low boom which was more felt than heard, and made a huge hole in the lawn. It was a lot more powerful than I expected, and if I'd have know what was going to happen I wouldn't have done it. It was supposed to be a bit of fun making some smoke and a bit of noise! :doh:

I admitted everything and helped the police with everything that the EOD couldn't figure out. All I wanted to do was turn the clock back, but that's just not possible. I think the fact that I was stood twenty feet away from a 5kg metal box that flew over 300 yards was enough to prove I wasn't expecting it to go off like that. I'm just bloody glad it went the other way and that nobody else was in its path.

Apart from that, I've never even had a speeding fine or a parking ticket. I'm a good lad that made a mistake, and luckily the police see it that way too. I'm as safe with a firearm as anyone else on here. Looking at it from the police point of view, having a punch up at the football is intentionally hurting someone so is worse :yes: