hOW MUCH DO GAMEKEEPERS GET A YEAR?

Generally speaking gamekeeping is not a very well paid profession.......it is more of a vocation really. That said, it is far better paid nowadays than it was a few years back. Most keepers i know rely on tips and various "perks" to make a decent living. :hmm:

Stallion.

Guest spud.
Generally speaking gamekeeping is not a very well paid profession.......it is more of a vocation really. That said, it is far better paid nowadays than it was a few years back. Most keepers i know rely on tips and various "perks" to make a decent living. :hmm:

Stallion.

no were near that much :no:

Head keeper i was under was alleged not to have touched a wage packet in 23 years .Tip ,tips and more tips 70-30 split .70% for him and 30 % between the four underkeepers but we didnt mind :thumbdown: Any deer grassed were our perks and paid so much a head for vermin on the line but pence really .Tied cottage ,all bills found, a quad each and dog food allowance that only stretched to 2 dogs but hey ,happy days .

Just to add that the head keeper was a force to be reckoned with .Any gun giving a tip of less than 20 quid was made an example of by him dropping the tenner on the floor for all to see and the keeper developing a choughing fit to make sure all did see .Embarrassed quite a few i can tell you ,including a well known ex -racing car driver .

He stood no messing from our employer either and shouted and swore at the fellow on the radio asking who was running the day and to shut up and piss off indoors? but he was a good keeper and very well respected .

Gamekeeping is not the best paid job in the world, but it is really enjoyable if you're in the right estate!! You're average keeper would get paid somewhere in between £8000 to £20,000 a year. But i think you can guess why the QUEENS keeper gets paid a lot!! :D Keepers do tend to rely on there tips through out the shooting season and it is a nice boost of money for them.

Edited by bagforthebadgers
Guest guevara

I want to go to universty and do law but if i did not make the grade i would not mind doing some kind of game breeding.I used to go out with a gamkekeer for job experience and it all seemed pretty good.But he brought the birds and just managed them.I would like to breed them and then sell the poults to estates for shooting.I have good memorys of helping out my mate and his dad in the summer holidays and it was real fun, but hard work.

Ah good times